We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Clothing Optional Property

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
reviews: 50
Best Clothing Optional Property

Greetings.

Headed to Key West in mid-July with my wife and she wants to stay at a C/O property. It looks like Marrerro's, Olivia by Duval and Pilot House are our best choices. Can anyone advise which one has the busiest pool? We don't want to be the only C/O guests.

Thank you for your time!

Windsor, Canada
11. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

Just want to throw in another vote for Marreros. I think this year will be our 4th trip - I've kinda lost count, it might be 5 now (everything has blended into a semi drunken blur - go figure Key West). Even though we don't plan on it, we re-book for the following year each time we stay there.

We've had friends that have stayed at both Marreros and Olivia and while they enjoyed both, they are planning on returning to Marreros. I do believe much has to do with the crowd at Marreros. Another week might be totally different and Olivia might have been given the edge.

I've personally seen both properties, both are neat and clean but be aware, both are older B&B's and their age shows. You won't be getting a sterile Hilton type experience, but unlike the Hilton et al. you will have a ball and get to meet some fun people regardless of the place you choose to stay.

As an aside- afternoons at the Garden of Eden are great, most everyone is nude and it is pretty chill up there. Evenings really depend on the crowd.

Kentucky
reviews: 2
12. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

Here's another vote for Marrero's. We've stayed with Steve six times I believe, and we can't imagine staying anywhere else. Everything that the other posters have mentioned is correct in my opinion. As a side note, make sure you book with Steve before reserving your flights. I made that mistake last week (found a deal I couldn't pass up) only to find that Marrero's was booked with the exception of one room with a shared bath. It all worked out in the end, and we were able to re-arrange our flights and come in the following week.

CT
reviews: 67
13. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

When in mid July will you be there. We are there for a weekend from July 19-21. The only place with a c/o pool we cold get into was Pilot House.

Orlando, Florida
14. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

We are looking at July 12-17.

Orlando, Florida
15. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

We booked! Thanks for the advice everyone!

OLATHE KANSAS
reviews: 7
16. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

Will be at the pilot house the 12th through the 17th. Is that when youll be there???

OLATHE KANSAS
reviews: 7
17. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

We have been to both marreros and pilot house. We stayed at pilot last year and enjoyed it but no happy hour or no breakfast so keep that in mind but i think the busyness of the pool is your priority. When we were there last year, the pilot house, for i think 3 or 4 days it was occupied by 6 to 8 people pretty much all day. just drinking and not caring. pretty nice. My wife was the most relaxed i'd seen her in this environment. pilot has a hot tub also. so there are your trade offs. you just never know what your gonna see though. i am so excited i cant wait.

Hershey...
reviews: 6
18. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

It's good to see so much interest here in these types properties with pool/deck areas. Hopefully nothing will change because year after year, it seems travelers are looking for these types of destinations. Kudos for the small hotels and B&B's in providing this as an option for their guests!

~Bob~

Orlando, Florida
19. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

You are spot on Bob. Great, reasonably-priced options and nothing better than no tan lines!

Hershey...
reviews: 6
20. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

Absolutely! I did some price comparisons to all inclusive adult resorts in Negril for example. Granted I am SURE there are better deals to be had and the comparison is really not the same. But over $1000 per night in the spring season? C'mon! The term for that is something I can't even say here in this forum LOL I couldn't possible eat and drink or even do tours for $800 per day.

I think B&Bs and guest houses in KW that allow c/o are a little secret we should keep to ourselves haha

~Bob~