We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Clothing Optional Property

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
reviews: 52
Best Clothing Optional Property

Greetings.

Headed to Key West in mid-July with my wife and she wants to stay at a C/O property. It looks like Marrerro's, Olivia by Duval and Pilot House are our best choices. Can anyone advise which one has the busiest pool? We don't want to be the only C/O guests.

Thank you for your time!

reviews: 3
1. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

At Marrero's you won't be. IMO 90% choose the option.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 52
2. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

Wow! Thanks!

reviews: 3
3. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

I'm on a real computer now (not that I can type anyway). We've only ever stayed at Marrero's, so can't say anything about the other places; but I can say Marrero's is a blast. Most choose the option, Wife and I aren't sun worshippers but have never seen all the pool chairs taken, though I have heard there's only a couple hours of good tanning/day. It's 1/2 block off Duvall on Fleming St. right behind Jimmy Buffet's (for reference). Never had a noise issue; the roosters can be a pain til you get used to them.The pool is big enough to spread out. If you book definately hit up the happy hour, great time to meet other guests and get food/things to do ideas.

League City, Texas
reviews: 4
4. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

Yep, Marrero's is definitely C/O. We stayed there our very first trip to KW. Lovely place, large pool. We prefer to sunbathe with our suits on, however; it never made us uncomfortable. Plus... the place is supposed to be haunted...

Maybe it was us and it being our first trip but we just decided to go elsewhere the next time and have never made it back to Marrero's.

Edited: 12:41 pm, June 13, 2013
Hershey...
reviews: 7
5. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

My wife and I have only been to KW once (last month) and stayed at Olivia by Duval. We had the balcony suite which was very convenient to the pool. Most people that were at the pool were nude, including us, and the ones that were not, did not stay very long. Some saw us and just turned away and left. I suppose 6 or 8 of us naked as too much for them LOL

The pool is heated and comfortable day or evening. There is sunshine all around the pool area for most of the day until about 4pm. The staff is very nice and helpful and the room was spacious and clean. Literally a minute off Duval Street, you are close to everything. We're going back there for sure!

You won't go wrong. Msg us if you have any other questions :-)

~Bob~

NC
reviews: 23
6. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

We have stayed at OBD for yrs. We are booked for 10 days this coming Oct. Everyone is friendly and we have a great time sharing lunch with strangers that become friends. My dh loves to sunbathe naked, while I don't. All the people that go there realize it is clothing optional and it does not bother anyone. We are all adults and the atmosphere is a lot of fun.

Hershey...
7. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

Absolutely Kelsie. We met some great friends and shared nice drinks and good conversation the entire time we were there.

Unfortunately we're going to have to wait until next spring to go again **heavy sigh**

~Bob~

NC
reviews: 23
8. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

duddy--when next spring? we are planning again. we rented out both the pool rms. on the pool level, so no stumbling is involved. lol It is a subdued but great party hotel. the staff and guests make it what it is. The same people tend to go there year after year.

Hershey...
9. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

We are going to try to fly in May 13th or 14th depending on the airfare. Stay for a week. Please tell me you didn't book the poolside balcony for that time. That's our favorite room!

~Bob~

Dubuque, Iowa
reviews: 148
10. Re: Best Clothing Optional Property

I have stayed at pearls in kw and that's topless optional. It was a very nice place with 2 pools/excercise room and nice secluded bar area.