We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air show

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massapequa Park...
reviews: 4
Air show

I am heading down to key west in the morning 3/23 and I want to see the air show can someone tell me what time it is and where is the best place for me to view it?

Key West
reviews: 14
1. Re: Air show

http://airshowkeywest.com/

It's free so the best place to view it is at the airfield. The show is designed to best be seen from the runway. Yes if you go to other places it may be great and impressive but if you go to the airfield you will see and hear all the commentary that goes with them. In past years I have seen both from off site and on-site. This year I'm not wasting my time with the off site viewing...that's how much of a difference it was. Also as has been posted on this board you will not be permitted to pull off the side of US1. I came up US1 about 30 min ago and the entire length from Stock Island to Big Coppitt is now posted NO PARKING and Tow Away Zone.

Bonez

PS This is the Blue Angel web site. The videos of the pre flight are neat and a small taste of the "ground show" they do. http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/

Edited: 4:44 pm, March 22, 2013
In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
2. Re: Air show

Great info Bonze!

Here's a little more information!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k628758…

Have a good time all!

Massapequa Park...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Air show

Thank you so much for the info!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 42
4. Re: Air show

Danger Charters is doing a special afternoon snorkel trip and afterwards hanging around to watch the show from the water, Boca Chica IIRC.

Pjk

Frozen North
reviews: 5
5. Re: Air show

There is a lot more to an airshow than just the Blue Angels, my advice would be to go to the navel base and get a seat near the runway.

an island
reviews: 1
6. Re: Air show

I agree. You get to see a lot of vintage planes, there are other aerial acts.....when I went they had a wing walker! It's just such a cool place to BE. Oh, hotdogs, I think beer, we had water (and still couldn't find our car....Janie, you know who I was with...). I don't know if the Clydesdales will be there, I think so, they're in town...but it's noisy so maybe the noise would be bad for them, but GO! Nothing like seeing the Blue Angels up close, and it is close. An amazing day. Grab a car, a bus, a cab. It is SO worth it.

7. Re: Air show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 25, 2014