We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ceviche at Turtle Kraals

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 42
Ceviche at Turtle Kraals

They have apparently instituted a ceviche bar here which incudes a flight ...

…smugmug.com/Travel/…ceviche-S.jpg

I may have to give this a try, but what is that to the left? Popcorn?

Pjk

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
1. Re: Ceviche at Turtle Kraals

Yes, organic popcorn.

Haverhill MA
reviews: 10
2. Re: Ceviche at Turtle Kraals

this post makes me happy.. perfect tapas!!! one more month til I can give my report!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
3. Re: Ceviche at Turtle Kraals

I'd be grateful to hear since I'll be back about three weeks after that and want to give this a try.

Pjk

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
4. Re: Ceviche at Turtle Kraals

Turtle Kraals and the Half Shell have both changed their Happy Hour menu's, not major changes. Also TK, has a Ceviche sampler, $20 for four different samples, plus the organic popcorn on the side.

Frozen North
reviews: 5
5. Re: Ceviche at Turtle Kraals

Not very happy with the changes on halfshells HH, but it's still a great value, haven't seen Turtle Krawls yet, maybe this week.

Pasadena, Maryland
6. Re: Ceviche at Turtle Kraals

Just back from our trip and have to say that we spent somepoint, everyday at Turtle Kraals....Happy Hour is great!! The Ceviche is awesome!! Upon a recommendation from a local gentleman, I tried the Key West. Not disappointed!! It's made with hogfish! Apparently, the tradition in Peru is to serve ceviche with corn nuts as a sort of palate cleanser but Kraals serves popcorn instead!! Give the ceviche a try! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
7. Re: Ceviche at Turtle Kraals

And don't forget to go up to the Tower Bar when you are done...for the view.

Pjk

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 75
8. Re: Ceviche at Turtle Kraals

We also tried The Ceviche a couple days ago. It was very good and a good deal at $12 for a generous serving. There are several varieties and I will be going back to try some others.

PA
reviews: 5
9. Re: Ceviche at Turtle Kraals

Is there a copy of the new HH menus somewhere? I didn't see them listed on their websites.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
10. Re: Ceviche at Turtle Kraals

You can have your ceviche at the Tower Bar, our favorite spot at TKs. We enjoyed happy hour there yesterday and have had lunch a couple of times recently. There is a chicken salad with avocado that is also worth ordering. Delish!

The ceviche is exceptional, as advertised. The sampler of 4 was $25, I believe, but even at that price, still worth it. The Key West version was probably what I'd order as a stand alone, but the grouper version with soy/ginger was pretty amazing too.

They also have one variety that is only served at the tiny ceviche bar. It's supposed to have ingredients in it that cure a hangover. Good thing they serve the other ceviche throughout the restaurant, as it could get mighty crowded over at the ceviche bar if it actually works....

As a side note, it's nice to have the downstairs bar restored to its original concept and to have the Tower Bar open all the time. It is noticably spotlessly clean and shiny everywhere too. Very happy to see a favorite spot on the right track!