We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Key West

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pace, Florida
First time in Key West

I'm not sure what to expect reading all these reviews regarding hotels. First let me say that my husband and I are visiting May 7th - the 10th. So mid week for 3 nights with our budget being at under 200 a night. We've never stayed in a B&B so we're not really sure what to expect. We have narrowed it down to 4 places, but they are in different locations. Our choices are, but not limited to - The Duval Inn, Westwinds Inn, Parrot Key and Resort and Ibis Bay Resort.

We would like to Rent bikes and tour the heart of Key West or ride the bike path, see the light house, Fort Zachery, Mallory Square, Sunset cruise and perhaps do some snorkeling from Bahia Honda. Of course this is not all done by bike, we will have a car. We also want to go out one night to the clubs/bar. I guess my question is which of the 4 choices would you choose or would you recommend a better place to say around the same price? I'm also curious about parking at the above four choices.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 42
1. Re: First time in Key West

The Duval Inn and the Westwinds, because of their location, will make walking to many restaurants and attractions easy, and bikes a luxury. The other two of your four will make the car or a cab a necessity, so my choice would be either of the first two. You may still want to bike to Fort Zach and over to Higgs to see the West Martello Tower and botanical garden, but either of the first two would allow you to walk to the sunset at Mallory Square, a sunset sail from, probably, the Key West Bight, and visit the lighthouse, Hemingway house, Audubon house, etc.

Pjk

Los Angeles
reviews: 45
2. Re: First time in Key West

I think Duval Inn would be perfect for you, as it has a great location and should be close to your price range. Try for the best rooms within your budget.

And you actually will be able to take a bike ride to all those activities, though a car can be useful to get to Ft. Zach when it's a bit hot. I think Duval Inn still charges $10/ day for parking. Not a bad thing, as you will be able to walk to most everywhere.

Parking is right there in their lot.

Reading...
3. Re: First time in Key West

Hey Deena , I would highly suggest you stay in Old Town (where the heart beat of KW is) for your first visit. Doing this will give you the true vibe of KW. I will say Parrot Key, is very nice but it is away from the "action".If you feel up to check out some of the B&B's, there are some really nice ones that will possibly fall into your price range.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your search!!

reviews: 3
4. Re: First time in Key West

Marrero's Guest Mansion is half a block off Duvall St and should be in within your price range (we've always gone in the fall and don't know spring rates). It's not for everyone though, as the pool is clothing optional.

5. Re: First time in Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 24, 2014