We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport distance

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
airport distance

first time to key west wondering if I fly directly to key west........how far is where everything is in comparison to airport? trying tosee if we can manage without renting a car if so how much would cab ride be? thinking of staying at marariott beach is that near ato everything? Im not into too crazy........ but some restuarants and maybe a pub would be fine. we like relaxing not spring break craziness!

Miami, Florida
reviews: 8
1. Re: airport distance

The airport is approximately 3 miles from Duval Street give or take. Too far to walk with luggage, but once you get to your hotel, very easy to get around the island by bike/scooter.

Western...
Destination Expert
for Key West
2. Re: airport distance

Taxi for a single is on the meter for a couple it's $8 per person. If you are staying at the Marriott Beachside it's located in New Town, the good news is they have a shuttle and will pick you up at the airport.

PJ

Pennsylvania
3. Re: airport distance

The Marriott Beachside is a beautiful property, but it is located away from the action of Old Town Key West. On a first visit it may be difficult to get your bearings, and you may waste a lot of valuable vacation time going back and forth.

4. Re: airport distance

thanks guys for all the advice ok so Im looking for more of a location in old town......?closer to where things are? is that what its called?

5. Re: airport distance

do you think I should stay in old town for first time there?

Pennsylvania
6. Re: airport distance

I do!

San Diego...
reviews: 36
7. Re: airport distance

Yes, you won't regret staying in old town.

Naperville, Illinois
reviews: 10
8. Re: airport distance

Yes, def stay in Old Town so you can get out and explore more without spending time and $$ on cabs to get back and forth. Let us know what amenities you need and a price point and we can offer some good suggestions.

9. Re: airport distance

Unless you plan on going off island you won't need a car. $8/person cab fare from airport to old town. (Unless the fares went up since the last time we were there)

Kansas City
10. Re: airport distance

I would recommend the Pier House as a starting point (and an ending point).