We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oyster Shooters

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, South...
reviews: 14
Oyster Shooters

Coming down in early May and I know a bunch of places have raw oysters and happy hour specials but not sure I've ever seen oyster shooters advertised. Anyone know who might have them?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 38
1. Re: Oyster Shooters

The Half Shell Raw Bar was serving oyster shooters and giving you the neat logo glass with each one during happy hour.

Pjk

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
2. Re: Oyster Shooters

If a bar /restaurant has raw oysters and liquor, they will usually make you a shooter. It's impossible to put everything on the menu - sometimes you have to ask.

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 1
3. Re: Oyster Shooters

They are a regular thing at the Half Shell Raw Bar.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 7
4. Re: Oyster Shooters

Yup! Half Shell Raw Bar is the place to go for that...

Orlando, Florida
5. Re: Oyster Shooters

Another vote for Half Shell. But like Blue said, if they have liquor and oysters, ask and most will make you one. I've found they are good for getting rid of hiccups. :-)

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
6. Re: Oyster Shooters

I've enjoyed many oyster shooters at the Half Shell. A hot surprise one night, they had a hot special of jalapeño vodka shooters! Beware those shooters are hot. I'd swap it our for just regular vodka. The shot glasses make unique souvenirs.

Edited: 7:21 pm, March 20, 2013
Boston, MA
reviews: 47
7. Re: Oyster Shooters

DH enjoyed one at Alonzo's. A very generous pour in his opinion. ;-)

Los Angeles
reviews: 44
8. Re: Oyster Shooters

try any good sushi place. They usually don't add vodka, but some roe, and a quail egg.

Reading...
9. Re: Oyster Shooters

I had oyster shooters at Alonzo's , the oyster shucker there noticed I was enjoy myself and he served me up two oysters topped off with caviar> Gotta admitt the caviar was nasty...........But it was extremely nice of the shucker to let me try!!

Edited: 6:07 am, March 21, 2013
Chester County, PA
reviews: 7
10. Re: Oyster Shooters

Big fan of the Half Shell. We have a LOT of souvenier glasses....... We like them all sorts of ways, but, yeah, if they have Absolut Peppar of another spicy vodka, we always give that a go.

At home here we can get bacon-flavored vodka. You ought to try THAT in a oyster shooter. Never been closer to heaven....