We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time driving Lauderdale to Key West April 20th

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rockaway Beach, NY
Level Contributor
321 posts
51 reviews
First time driving Lauderdale to Key West April 20th

Hi folks. Been to KW many times, but have always flown in. We're actually flying in to Lauderdale, staying there for 2 days, then driving to KW (one way only) and staying for a week. Leaving Lauderdale about 7 or 8 AM on Saturday, April 20th and wondering what sort of traffic to expect. I know the Conch Republic Festival is also going on, and thinking we may want to leave even earlier. I don't mind a 4 hour drive or so (the whole" you have to do it at least once" idea) but any longer than that, I may just abandon the car and jog the rest of the way

I know its impossible to say with any certainty, guess just really wondering what its like normally, and what its like when the Festival is going.Any thoughts? Thanks,

PHILADELPHIA,PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
3 reviews
21. Re: First time driving Lauderdale to Key West April 20th

Thanks sharla and flboy. I should know better anyway to trust map quest. I never have a good experience with them. Google maps is the way to go which are the directions everyone has been saying.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,478 posts
22 reviews
22. Re: First time driving Lauderdale to Key West April 20th

Besides. I'm always right. ;-)

23. Re: First time driving Lauderdale to Key West April 20th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Key West