We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
columbus ohio
reviews: 1
day trip

My husband and i are going to be in key west the week after Easter. We are renting a car for the day and going exploring (maybe other keys). Does anyone know a great place for lunch or dinner on one of the other keys? Any suggestions are where to drive too, for a day trip so that we can see something other than Key West?

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 83
1. Re: day trip

For a very full day, Leave early for an hour drive and spend the morning at Bahia Honda State Park. Leave for lunch and drive to Islamorada I like Morada Bay or Island Grill. Head back down toward Key West and stop at Robbie's to feed the tarpon. Depending on time, you can stop at the 7 mile bridge at the end of Marathon and walk out or buy a tee shirt to help save the Old Bridge. As you go through Big Pine Key, head up to No Name Key and look for Key Deer. Stop for a beer at No Name Pub. Drive back toward Key West and stop at Kaya Island Eats for a great dinner, or if you are not hungry yet, go back to Key West and have dinner there. You can also stop at one of the places on Stock Island for a drink or dinner such as Hogfish Bar and Grill or Roostica.

Enjoy!

Edited: 4:50 pm, March 11, 2013
Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 22
2. Re: day trip

^ nailed it.

I'd also add Boondocks for a meal. Their wasabi and Panko encrusted tuna is pretty darn good.

Let me add my favorite, Sparky's Landing. Their fish tacos, and shrimp and bacon pizza and coconut basil clams are fantastic.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
3. Re: day trip

I'll add Sparky's Landing.

Frozen North
reviews: 5
4. Re: day trip

A second for Sparky's my husband had the fish taco's the other day and they were huge and very tasty. We had burgers there last week, and they are the best I have had in a while.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 56
5. Re: day trip

Just as an alternative, you could visit either Man Key, Woman Key, or Mule Key. These are the other keys that potentially are visited by Sebago's Island T'ing trip. Instead or driving you let the captain and crew sail you to one of these locations based on conditions, and you get a snorkel stop, breakfast and lunch. IMO sailing is better than driving. More information is here...

http://www.keywestsebago.com/islandting.php

Pjk

Norfolk, New York
6. Re: day trip

Pjk, how many people are on this type of trip?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
7. Re: day trip

They take a max of 20, but will go out with as few as nine or ten people. (Once I went out when two people cancelled at the last minute. Since the boat was loaded with food and drinks, we went with 7).

Pjk

Norfolk, New York
8. Re: day trip

It sounds so nice. We have 9 days in KW this year so no excuse for us not to get out on the water. Hopefully we will get a really warm day to do a trip like this one.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
9. Re: day trip

I think this, and Danger Charter's similar trip, is the nicest way to spend a day. Chances are good that you will see dolphens on the way out or back and, if you do, the captain will slow down so that they can approach and you can take photos. It's easy to snorkel and usually, as they prepare lunch, you can float next to the boat with a drink. Then there's kayaking and you may see great white herons, pelicans, bald eagles at Mule Key. We saw two pair of Reseate Spoonbills last trip.

Pjk

Orlando, Florida
10. Re: day trip

I'll jump on the Sparky's bandwagon. The coconut basil clams are my favorite.