We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Te Da vs Almond Tree

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Des Moines...
reviews: 10
La Te Da vs Almond Tree

Does anyone have an opinion? I can't decide if we should spend the extra money on Almond Tree, or save it and stay at the La Te Da. My husband and I will be there in August so we want a clean pool, a clean room with a king size bed, and A/C that really works! We plan to spend most of our time out exploring. Thanks for your help with this!!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
reviews: 14
1. Re: La Te Da vs Almond Tree

I have stayed at the Almond Tree and it was very nice. The pool area didn't have a lot of room for laying out but it seemed to handle everyone. It had a small fountain/waterfall that added to the atmosphere. I could easily recommend it.

I've not stayed at La Te Da's but I've had lunch there several times (I do recommend lunch there) and if their only pool is the one by the restaurant then I wouldn't use it. It appeared that very little sun was getting past the buildings that circle it, it was right on the edge of the restaurant and when we were just there last month the pool really needed to be painted as there are big blotches of paint missing in quite a few places.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 62
2. Re: La Te Da vs Almond Tree

I agree with Rono about the pool at La Te Da. It is small and in need of some TLC, often covered in leaves and right by the restaurant. I would opt for the Almond Tree Inn.

West Des Moines...
reviews: 10
3. Re: La Te Da vs Almond Tree

Thanks for the input!

4. Re: La Te Da vs Almond Tree

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 11, 2014