We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking App

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Franktown, Colorado
Walking App

My husband I will be coming to Key West in April. I've been reading a lot here and putting together some ideas. I have seen information a few times about a walking "app" except is isn't an app but, maybe, a website??? Anyway it gives great information on bars, restaurants, parking etc. I should have bookmarked it the first time I looked at it but, foolishly, I did not. If I knew how to search this forum (without having to read every single post) I would just search for it but I don't know how and I don't recall what it is called. Can anyone help me with this? It sure would make my life easier. Thanks!

26 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 35
11. Re: Walking App

Here's another self-guided tour...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k236234…

Pjk

Key West
reviews: 14
12. Re: Walking App

I've been here just about 25 years and have an extensive collection of books about Florida Keys and Key West history. My wife bought Sharon's app for her phone and I started playing around with it one afternoon. It was very cool to play with and I enjoyed all the pictures of what things "used" to be. I can understand how the price can be a turn off. I was a bit taken back by the price but after looking at it thought it was well worth it. I'd be interested to hear if others thought it was a good value.

Bonez

Baltimore, MD
reviews: 5
13. Re: Walking App

Sharon used to put out a free booklet with a bunch of self guided tours. Is it still available at her gallery?

Key West, Florida
reviews: 1
14. Re: Walking App

The Walking and Biking Tour guide is no longer in print. The app is the way to get at Sharon's vast knowledge base.

I haven't purchased it yet, but plan to when I gat ack to town next week. It's probably like anything, it depends on what your interests are whether or not you feel it's worth the price. I expect it to be well worth it to me. Also, I will be happy to report back!

Baltimore, MD
reviews: 5
15. Re: Walking App

I guess I better hang on to my copy!

Key West, Florida
16. Re: Walking App

Speaking of tours and books, one of my favorite books about Key West is; ' The Streets Of Key West: A History Through Street Names' by J. Wills Burke. Take a walk and bring the book with you. A neat history.

Key West
reviews: 63
17. Re: Walking App

Sharon's gallery is no longer on Duval. It is at 330 Julia Street. Her app is well worth $7.99. I mean, this is the price of one top shelf drink!

In my opinion, 30 years of knowledge and history, from a well respected local historian, set out over several walks throughout Old Town is well worth the price.

Orlando, Florida
18. Re: Walking App

That may be true, Steve. But when someone puts so much time and effort into a new FREE website, with MUCH research and knowledge, it's also worth taking a look at. There is more than enough room for more than one walk-about guide, doncha think?

Key West, Florida
19. Re: Walking App

Thanks for sharing the info about Sharon's move! I just saw her a few months ago, so will look her up in the new spot when I get back to town.

Key West
reviews: 63
20. Re: Walking App

Zippy, I don't understand your post. There is room for as many apps as people want to put out. I was just pointing out that I think this app contains great information from someone with vast knowledge about the architecture and history of Key West and that I think it is well worth $8.

Where have I put down anyone's app?

Reply to: Walking App
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted