We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking App

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Franktown, Colorado
Walking App

My husband I will be coming to Key West in April. I've been reading a lot here and putting together some ideas. I have seen information a few times about a walking "app" except is isn't an app but, maybe, a website??? Anyway it gives great information on bars, restaurants, parking etc. I should have bookmarked it the first time I looked at it but, foolishly, I did not. If I knew how to search this forum (without having to read every single post) I would just search for it but I don't know how and I don't recall what it is called. Can anyone help me with this? It sure would make my life easier. Thanks!

26 replies to this topic
Pasadena, Maryland
1. Re: Walking App

www.keyweststeps.com

Western...
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 3
2. Re: Walking App

Watch the intro video lots of good info in there.

PJ

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
3. Re: Walking App

If you need any specific info, please send me a message. Don't want to post info outside TA rules here! Thanks!

Key West
reviews: 14
4. Re: Walking App

Is this the one you are looking for?

www.facebook.com/SharonWellsWalkingGuideApp

Franktown, Colorado
5. Re: Walking App

Thanks to everyone for your replies and assistance. Key West Steps is what I was looking for. Thank you, Bonez, for the Sharon Wells suggestion. I had no idea it existed. It looks like a good app but I'm not sure I want to spend the $$ for it yet. However, I will read through the website a bit more before I decide.

Topsail Island, NC
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 33
6. Re: Walking App

The Sharon Wells app looks cool, especially with the historical facts, but $7.99 for an app for seven self-guided tours is more than I would spend.

But that's just me, I'm a cheapy. I don't think I've ever spend more than $1.99 or maybe $2.99 for an app :)

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
7. Re: Walking App

Anything Sharon Wells does is worth getting connected to. She is an amazing, talented, kind woman and knows more about Key West history and the stories behind the homes, neighborhoods and buildings than you can imagine.

She also owns and operates the Key West Light Gallery on upper Duval, a tiny space chock full of beautiful photographs and other art, much by Sharon herself. Fabulous stuff!

Edited: 10:28 am, March 07, 2013
In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
8. Re: Walking App

In addition to all of the great information here, for those who do not want to bother with an app or a phone at all, just stop in at the Key West Chamber of Commerce on Greene Street. They have information on self guided walking and biking paths. A great example is,The Pelican Path, a self guided walking tour that is supported by the Old Island Restoration Foundation. And it's free also.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 38
9. Re: Walking App

Pelican Path Walking Tour ---> http://oirf.org/page.php?p=pelican

Pjk

Franktown, Colorado
10. Re: Walking App

Wow! Great stuff! I have printed out the Pelican Path Walking Tour (thank you PJK) and thanks to the info just provided by KeyWestSteps, I may have to purchase the Sharon Wells app. It just sounds too good to pass up.

Reply to: Walking App
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted