We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
reviews: 33
Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Stayed at the Angelina, those of you who are on here often know how much we LOVE it there, and this trip was just as awesome as ever. Heated pool helped a LOT !!!

Weather was cold/rainy, some of the worst they have had in quite a while. somehow we managed to have fun anyway :)

Best part was seeing old friends and meeting new ones (Mark, Julie, Beth, Ivona, and others). We have met some of the best people in Key West.

highlights (at least the ones fit for reporting )

angelina...see review

Smokin Tuna....our fav place. Great music and staff. My bar tab there was more than the GNP of some 3rd world countries....and worth every cent :)

Jack Flats....good food, fair prices, and they will do what they can to accomodate any request you have

Ft Zach Taylor park....first time there and was even better than I thought it would be. ended up coming back for sunset. is now a MUST DO for every trip

Local Color...small jewelry shop on Greene St. just neat stuff and neat people.

JDL Big Ten bar....just had fun there

Hogfish Grill...was as good as everyone says !

Southernmost Beach cafe...cool place right by the water

Key West ice cream factory...great ice cream and very good Cuban Mix...and again right on the water.

Kino sandals.....wife bought a nice pair,,,then a second, then a third. thank goodness they dont have that many more styles !!

every year we think about going somewhere else, and every year we decide to go back to KW. we now call it HOME. booked for same time next year.

Frozen North
reviews: 5
11. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Buffetguy that sums it up pretty good!! Thanx for the shots Rog!! We had a blast with you and your wife, and are looking forward to next year.

Naperville, Illinois
reviews: 10
12. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Always a good time!

Kittery, Maine
reviews: 43
13. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Looks like you've had a fantastic time Rog and yes isn't it great meeting up with old and new friends whenever you get to Key West? I bet every memory puts a smile on your face for the next year.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 33
14. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

I know you had an awesome time and I enjoyed hearing about it! I think Fireball is the official shot of the Tuna. We sure had a bunch of them there in December and last month. ;) One day we need to be in town at the same time! My favorite pair of Kino's only comes in one color! What's up with that?! And I check every time we visit, just to make sure they haven't put out another color.

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 1
15. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

It was nice to finialy meet you in person !

Glad you had a good time in spite of the weather.

It was really a crapy weekend , weather wise that is.

NYC
reviews: 2
16. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

"My bar tab there was more than the GNP of some 3rd world countries."

Loved that line - so much I wish I'd written it myself! :)

Tracey

www.traceyg.travellerspoint.com

North Metro ATL, GA
reviews: 6
17. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Nice report Rog, sounds like you had a whale of a time. We're big fans of the Angelina as well, glad to hear it is still as welcoming as ever.

Someday I hope to meet you and your wife in that place we call Home, maybe with a football match going in the background.

18. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 11, 2014