We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
reviews: 33
Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Stayed at the Angelina, those of you who are on here often know how much we LOVE it there, and this trip was just as awesome as ever. Heated pool helped a LOT !!!

Weather was cold/rainy, some of the worst they have had in quite a while. somehow we managed to have fun anyway :)

Best part was seeing old friends and meeting new ones (Mark, Julie, Beth, Ivona, and others). We have met some of the best people in Key West.

highlights (at least the ones fit for reporting )

angelina...see review

Smokin Tuna....our fav place. Great music and staff. My bar tab there was more than the GNP of some 3rd world countries....and worth every cent :)

Jack Flats....good food, fair prices, and they will do what they can to accomodate any request you have

Ft Zach Taylor park....first time there and was even better than I thought it would be. ended up coming back for sunset. is now a MUST DO for every trip

Local Color...small jewelry shop on Greene St. just neat stuff and neat people.

JDL Big Ten bar....just had fun there

Hogfish Grill...was as good as everyone says !

Southernmost Beach cafe...cool place right by the water

Key West ice cream factory...great ice cream and very good Cuban Mix...and again right on the water.

Kino sandals.....wife bought a nice pair,,,then a second, then a third. thank goodness they dont have that many more styles !!

every year we think about going somewhere else, and every year we decide to go back to KW. we now call it HOME. booked for same time next year.

Lockport, IL
reviews: 20
1. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Thanks for the report, Rog! Sounds like a great time!

Western...
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 3
2. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Nice report Rog, glad you had a good time and you have a trip to look foward too.

PJ

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 75
3. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Thanks for the trip report. Sorry about the bad weather. It was a pretty unusual stretch of rain and cold. I am glad you still had a great time.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
4. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Oh my, what a lovely time! Thanks for sharing the fun!

Glad you enjoyed JDLs, it's a very fun spot. Love the "Tuna tab" comment too. That's an easy place to spend a lot of hours...

Oh, and one more thing, only 3 pair of Kino's? That's nothing. In fact, it's only the beginning. It's not the styles you need to think about, it's the colors. I only wear one (ok, maybe two) styles, but for the main one, I must have it in 6 colors. And will absolutely buy any additional colors they produce in that style and perhaps even a second pair of black, and maybe the brown ones too....

You cannot believe how many Key West Steps can be walked in those things!

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
reviews: 33
5. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

heh KW Steps...you will like this. Wifey wears a GPS to track her mileage, she averaged over 15 miles a day over the week...i only averaged about 5 miles a day. She would drop me off at the pool (or bar) and walk and then come get me later....lol .....how many key lime pie slices do we earn for that ?????

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
6. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Thanks for the trip report. You always seem to make the best of any situation!! I love Fort Zach, even if you don't go in the water. Glad you had fun, and happy to hear you are coming back again!!

Key West, Florida
7. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Wow, good for her! You too! From the sounds of your report though, it isn't the Key Lime Pie you needed to earn, but maybe you escaped the Tuna relatively unscathed....lol!

Co. Durham England
8. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Glad u both had lovely time in spite of weather it sounded great fun.

Reading...
9. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

Nice report , I'm thinking the Tuna should name a drink after you !!!

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 22
10. Re: Short TR, Feb 26-March 5

They did name a drink after him. The fireball.

It encompasses his favorite shot, his personality, and his lovely wife's energy.