We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-fishing private charter

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Non-fishing private charter

My wife and I and another couple will be coming down to Key West for our 5th year in a row and their 2nd time in late June. We would like to do a 4-6 hour non-fishing private charter. Something to just explore the smaller islands if possible and relax and have a few drinks (we can bring our own) out on the water.

Would like to keep the price under $200 for each person if possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lomey

Western...
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 3
1. Re: Non-fishing private charter

We did this with the family.

www.takemetherecharters.com/our-rates-stuff

PJ

2. Re: Non-fishing private charter

That looks perfect! Thanks PJ!

Anybody else have suggestions?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 42
3. Re: Non-fishing private charter

A $400.00 private charter is tough, but $500.00 plus tax gets a few more hits. Any interest?

Pjk

4. Re: Non-fishing private charter

Thanks Pjk. There will be 4 of us (2 couples) and wanted to stay under $200 a person. I should have said under $400 per couple, $800 total. Definitely would be interested in $500 plus tax.

Edited: 8:33 pm, March 04, 2013
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
5. Re: Non-fishing private charter

You comment about smaller islands brings to mind both Woman and Man keys. Man Key is better since it is really a bunch of small keys with passages both in and around them, but both have small beaches. Saying that, look at the Javacat

http://keywestecotours.com/

Or the Echo II...

http://www.dolphinecho.com/

(Make sure you specify at least 4, but better, a 6 hour Charter)

Both of these can get into the Sanctuary where these small islands are located, and you should indicate your interest if you book either.

But also look at Breezin' Charters...

http://breezincharters.com/

Breezin's draft is too much to get into the Sanctuary but captain Dees will take you out to the reef to snorkel and just hang out, and will stretch a four hour charter into an afternoon with a sunset on the way in.

Any of these three, as well as Take MeThere, will give you all a great day out of Key West. But this can be all confusing so I can post a few photos of what one of these trips is like if you want.

Pjk

Edited: 9:26 pm, March 04, 2013
6. Re: Non-fishing private charter

Thanks, I would love pictures!

Los Angeles
reviews: 45
7. Re: Non-fishing private charter

$500 half day and &700 full day: dolphin tours, snorkeling, bird and wilderness tours, and even stress relief:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34345-d14…

I would really look into this, as the reviews seem to be good.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
8. Re: Non-fishing private charter

Here's another option to check: http://yachttoseakeywest.com/

The Gale Wins is a beautiful luxury yacht that offers a range of private charters, depending on your schedule and what you'd like to do.

I'm not familiar with their current rates, but I know both Gale and Captain Kelly, and they are super fun!

The dock and sail from the Hyatt Resort on Front Street.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
9. Re: Non-fishing private charter

Here are a few photos on a charter with Captain Dees on Breezin' from last May.

The boat, a 42 footer... …shutterfly.com/media/…

It's prefect for four people

…shutterfly.com/media/…

And Captaibn Dees is the nicest guy on the island

…shutterfly.com/media/…

There is no guarentee what you will see, but you might get lucky

…shutterfly.com/media/…

And this is one possibility for snorkeling - Sand Key at the reef, about 7 miles due south of Key West

…shutterfly.com/media/…

There are few things as nice as a sail out of Key West

…shutterfly.com/media/…

But if you wanted to spend time kayaking in addition to snorkeling, either the Javacat or the Echo is a great choice. There will be someone to lead you around a mangrove island (this is actually Captain Matt from another boat)

…shutterfly.com/media/…

Either before or after kayaking you could as the captain to moor over the Sandbar where you could hang out

…shutterfly.com/media/…

…shutterfly.com/media/…

And the waters around, especially, Man Key are nice when the tide is out because the birds are usually feeding...

…shutterfly.com/media/…

…shutterfly.com/media/…

And this is a typical eco tour in the Sanctuary

…shutterfly.com/media/…

…shutterfly.com/media/…

Any of these kinds of trips are a great way to spend part of a day out of Key West. Bring your cameras.

Pjk

…shutterfly.com/media/…

California, Maryland
10. Re: Non-fishing private charter

Hey Lomey,

If you get a chance you should check out Dream Catcher Charters in Key West. Last year my brother and I + the wives did a 6 hour fishing & snorkeling tour and had a blast. Even tho we mostly focused on fishing, the captain was very informative and the wives really enjoyed watching dolphins as well as snorkeling the ship wrecks and coral heads. Among other things we spotted osprey, turtles, egrets, and the captain even parked us on a private island to have lunch. We caught tons of fish, the wives got plenty of sun, and from what I can recall the trip was around $625.00

There trip advisor reviews tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34345-d6514…

website http://www.dreamcatchercharters.com