We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Traverse City...
reviews: 18
Help--not such a brilliant idea!

I had this great idea that I would jump on a plane and fly down to Florida and spend a few days making my way down to Key West with a friend. Now I am struggling to find a reasonable accomodation for the three days I will be in KW which is March 22-25. I realize this is an extremely busy time but does anyone know of a reasonably priced B&B or other quiet accomodation for two "young" senior ladies? Our price range is limited and only up to about $150. Any ideas of some unknown little place to stay?

Traverse City...
reviews: 18
21. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Thank you everyone for your help. I couldn't do it without you!

Mary

Key West, Florida
reviews: 1
22. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Mary, I'm from TC originally... my wife and I have lived in Key West for over seven years. So glad you'll make it down! Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Rocky Point, New...
23. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

I got a car on price line.com..name your own price...for ten days..pick up in FLL and drop off in Orlando for less than four hundred dollars. No kidding. We were looking at a standard 800.00 on kayak recommended sites.

Study the price guides and then figure what you want to offer..go low if not accepted u will get another shot but have to select a different car type. Rule of thumb is you can save sixty percent off listed prices...

Got the same good price for Sedona trip over memorial day weekend...

Norfolk, New York
24. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Mabby; I have been playing with Priceline for a few days. Can I ask what kind of rate and car you ended up with?

$400 but for how many days? I arrive 3/22.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 34
25. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Mabby's post says the price is for 10 days.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
26. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Mabby, for you on the car!

Keep us updated!

Rocky Point, New...
27. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Ten days..3/19-3/28. No kidding...I had a hard time findingbthe info online today...print copy at home...

Westchester, NY
reviews: 76
28. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

I was in KW in March a few years ago and it was mobbed with spring breakers. There were rowdy college students everywhere. It made for an unpleasant experience. I don't want to put a damper on your trip, but March is a tough time to visit the area. I've made trips in Jan and Feb and it was a much different experience.

Moline, Illinois
reviews: 27
29. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

We have been in Key West three years in a row in March and it was busy but did not see s "throng" of springbreakers anywhere. It's certainly not like Daytona in that respect. IMO March is a great time to visit.

Westchester, NY
reviews: 76
30. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

didn't mean to suggest March in KW is anything like Daytona, etc, but the spring breakers were definitely a noticeable element in March when I was there, at least in the evening. If you're the type that in bed by 9, you may not notice it that much. Have a great time!