We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
185 posts
33 reviews
Help--not such a brilliant idea!

I had this great idea that I would jump on a plane and fly down to Florida and spend a few days making my way down to Key West with a friend. Now I am struggling to find a reasonable accomodation for the three days I will be in KW which is March 22-25. I realize this is an extremely busy time but does anyone know of a reasonably priced B&B or other quiet accomodation for two "young" senior ladies? Our price range is limited and only up to about $150. Any ideas of some unknown little place to stay?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
7,734 posts
169 reviews
1. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Sadly I remember reading somewhere that the Keys has the highest average room rate of anywhere in the country. You might want to look into vrbo.com or airbnb.com

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
12,207 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Maybe think of staying elsewhere in the Keys?

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
185 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Yes, we can stay somewhere else in the Keys if necessary however it's been many years since I've been to KW so I would love to spend a couple of days there. I've checked most of the B and B's and VRBO but I'm just starting to shake the tree! No worries, if it doesn't work out I can do something else. I don't really like making reservations anyway but was willing to do so in this case. I'm a pretty spontaneous traveler and can be flexible but my time is limited. I haven't even looked at the rest of the Keys yet and now I'm wondering if that will be just as difficult. I'm flying into Fort Lauderdale and just wanted to wind my way down to KW. Only in Fla for a week. Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Spanish Gardens, Southern Cross, l'Habitation, Angelina Guest House.

Check those and good luck!

Edited: 8:01 pm, March 02, 2013
conn
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
130 reviews
5. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Try the Palm's bed and breakfast in Key West. Nothing fancy, clean and reasonable.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

give the jasmine house a try...

http://keywestjasminehouse.com/

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
185 posts
33 reviews
7. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

I have already tried some of the properties mentioned and they are booked however I'll try the Palm's and Spanish Gardens. Thanks for your help--it is greatly appreciated!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Also, Best Western Hibiscus and Blue Marlin in Key West

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

The El Patio is showing some availability at under $250. A bit more than your budget, but it is a very busy time in Key West.

Anyway, this is a no frills, motel type place in a wonderful part of town. It's in the Casa Marina district, and only a few blocks from Louie's Backyard, Higgs Beach, Salute, beautiful homes, etc.

Check that out too!

Also, Banana Bay Resort and Days Inn might have something, but you'll need to add cab fare to your budget. Ibis Bay is another place, but they are probably booked.....

Justin, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
10. Re: Help--not such a brilliant idea!

Spanish Gardens is a great bargain. Stayed there last summer when we decided to extend our stay in Key West. Very basic but super clean rooms & well groomed grounds.