We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami & Key West Itinerary Advice (5 days)

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 123
Miami & Key West Itinerary Advice (5 days)

Hi!!!

I need some help to decide my itinerary for Key West and Miami!

First of all, the main reason of this trip is shopping. I already know Miami so I won't be doing many things there! Since it's the first time I'll be there on June (all my trips to Florida happened on December) I must go to the beach in Miami Beach! ;-)

To do something different, I though of going to Key West to get a taste of the place. What do you think of the itinerary below?

DAY 1 – Arrive in MIA at 6AM. Rent a car and go to Key West with a stop in Bahia Honda. Enjoy the sunset there

DAY 2 – Maybe a scuba dive in the morning and then take a walk in Key West

DAY 3 – Shopping (Dolphin or Florida Keys Premium Outlets – Miami Beach)

DAY 4 – SAWGRASS + QUICK TOUR at Fort Lauderdale

DAY 5 – Depart from MIA at 11:30PM

I don’t know if I should sleep in Key West or Miami in Day 2. I prefer to sleep in Miami on that night but I think that would cut down some time in Key West. What do you think?

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
1. Re: Miami & Key West Itinerary Advice (5 days)

So on day one, you are going to spend all day at Bohia Honda? Then arriving in KW after dark?

Also on day 2, my opinion would be to stay the night. After scuba and walking around you can relax and see what the island is all about, have a nice dinner, do sunset, then leave the morning of day three. There can be some shopping done in Key West also, a lot of fun shops!

Just my opinion. Donna

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 123
2. Re: Miami & Key West Itinerary Advice (5 days)

Thank you Donna!

I don't know how much time I'll spend at Bahia Honda... Since the sunset time is going to be around at 8PM I plan to arrive at KW before dark and enjoy something there!

3. Re: Miami & Key West Itinerary Advice (5 days)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 26, 2014