We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in KW......

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Binghamton, New York
reviews: 4
Parking in KW......

We have rented a house in Cudjoe Key and plan on driving into KW at least a few days. Have been told parking is a "nightmare". Any suggestions on where we should park the SUV we will be renting? THANKS!! Also any good suggestions for Easter Brunch or Dinner?

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
1. Re: Parking in KW......

The city parking garage on the corner of Fleming and Grinnell is a great spot and puts you right at one end of the Historic Harbor Walk (also known as Key West Bight) where there are lots of interesting restaurants and shops.

There are also a few lots along Greene Street between Elizabeth and Simonton that are closer to Mallory Square and Duval Street.

These areas are not too far apart (about 800 steps) and an easy walk to most anywhere else you'd like to go, assuming you don't mind walking a nice mile or two.

As far as Easter dining goes, many places will have special menus for brunch and/or dinner and will be publicizing in the week or two before the holiday. Reservations will likely be required for many spots that day. The Casa Marina has a very popular and elegant Easter Brunch buffet , as does the Westin. If you're not interested in something of that scale, just look for restaurants you'd like to try and check their website/facebook pages to see what they're offering for Easter.

Have fun!

Edited: 3:39 pm, February 24, 2013
Williamsville, New...
reviews: 56
2. Re: Parking in KW......

There is a parking ramp at the Westin so if you decide on Brunch there I think they would validate your parking (not 100% sure on this). If you do decide on the Westin make sure to specify if you want to eat inside or out. If you do we will see you there!!!

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
3. Re: Parking in KW......

As mentioned plenty of parking area for your SUV, if we know where you want to visit, like Mallory Square or The Butterfly Conservatory as examples, we can be more specific in the parking area.

Keyweststeps.com is a nice website to measure distances from one attraction/restaurant to another.

I hope this helps!

Binghamton, New York
4. Re: Parking in KW......

Thanks for the tips!

Binghamton, New York
5. Re: Parking in KW......

Thanks!

yorkshire
reviews: 42
6. Re: Parking in KW......

If you park in the street, make sure you face the car in the flow of traffic.

If you park against the flow, you will get a ticket!

Oh and remember where you left it. Streets look similar . happy trip ..

Berwick, Maine
reviews: 1
7. Re: Parking in KW......

Ok, to piggyback off the parking in the street, KW has spots posted as Resident Only, DO NOT PARK THERE. KW is very picky about their resident parking spaces and you will be towed. It would be harder to drive around trying to find an open non resident parking space as opposed to parking in the parking garage on Grinnell.

Buster

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 36
8. Re: Parking in KW......

"If you park in the street, make sure you face the car in the flow of traffic.

If you park against the flow, you will get a ticket!"

That's a very common traffic law here; is it not that way everywhere? I can't imagine the chaos there might be if cars were facing in two different directions on the same side of the street.

St. Petersburg...
9. Re: Parking in KW......

I've always had luck at the end of Thomas Street (behind the courhouse) to grab free parking. I was there last week and parked there 2 days in a row. Easy walk to Duval and Mallory Square area.

A few years ago, I stayed in a B&B with no parking. We were told we could park at the Post Office whenever the Post Office is closed. We parked there in the evenings with no problems.

There is a dirt patch next to the Conch Republic that is often manned. I've seen $10 and $15 for all day parking here. Perfect for visiting the wharf area.

I've also found free parking up and down the street on William St. and Margaret St. --- watch for Resident Only spots. A little more of a walk to Duval or Wharf area. Parallel parking only.

Good luck!

Central PA
reviews: 59
10. Re: Parking in KW......

"We were told we could park at the Post Office whenever the Post Office is closed. We parked there in the evenings with no problems."

No longer the case, they have contracted it for paid parking.

http://keysnews.com/node/38184

Discount parking if you catch a movie:

http://tropiccinema.com/parking.htm

Edited: 8:08 am, February 26, 2013