We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still searching for rental property

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kansas
reviews: 23
Still searching for rental property

So I have learned fast that most rental properties in key west are week or monthly rentals. I am searching for a property that will rent for 3 days. Have checked vacation rentals here on TA and also went to VRBO site. Have never rented VRBO before so if anyone has advice it would be appreciated. Whether it be about a specific property or rental properties in general. We are trying to stay close to the action of Duval Street and look for a property to sleep 5.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 105
1. Re: Still searching for rental property

Bone Island Vacation rentals does nightly rentals...did you really look at all the links people sent you??

San Diego...
reviews: 36
2. Re: Still searching for rental property

Historic Hideaways does nightly rentals. You will need to contact them as the rates quoted on their website are for weekly. The rate may be slightly higher if you only rent for 3 nights.

Any house with a transient licence can be rented nightly. Without the licence they tend to be rented monthly.

What companies have you contacted?

Edited: 5:20 am, February 24, 2013
Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
3. Re: Still searching for rental property

Many of the rental companies will have some nightly rental options, but if you aren't finding the availability or size/amenities you want, you could look at both The Banyan Resort and The Galleon. Both are timeshare places typically with kitchesn, that you can get on a per night basis if available

Either VRBO or Home Away are very good sources of info. Home Away has a better search function on their site, and many are cross listed on both, so I'd start with them. Some of what you'll find are managed by the same property management companies on you list; some by individual owners. You will run in to the same issue on weekly vs nightly rentals however, so will have to do a lot of looking to find spots that allow nightly.

Finally, check Santa Maria Suites or Rose Lane Villas.

I see a Sunday full of clicks and phone calls ahead, but since you're planning a Key West trip, it can't be all that bad.

Good luck!

michigan
reviews: 20
4. Re: Still searching for rental property

Besides all that have been mentioned.....Check Traveller's Palm, Casa 325, Island City House as well! There are quite a few nightly options that have 2 bedrooms and a sleeper sofa!

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
5. Re: Still searching for rental property

I believe Coral Hammock ( on Stock Island) rents nightly. Also Sunrise Suites, by the airport. Neither are in Old Town, so you will need a car.

Also Sheroton Suites, across from Smathers Beach, they have a shuttle.

Edited: 9:14 am, February 24, 2013
michigan
reviews: 20
6. Re: Still searching for rental property

I just looked at your budget of 350.00/night. I would absolutely look at The Banyan.....Rose Lane Villas.....Casa 325 .....Suite Dreams Inn.....There are nightly rentals (hotels) that have lodging for 5.....but they are either expensive (say....Santa Maria Maria Suites) or not that close to the action....relatively speaking (Suite Dreams Inn) but, those rentals ARE available in Key West....you just have to look around!

kansas
7. Re: Still searching for rental property

Thank you all for your suggestions. I have looked on VRBO and contacted a couple of options but running into the nightly requirements, still waiting to hear from everyone I contacted. Galleon is on my short list. I have contacted Key West Rentals and they have two options and also Historic Hideaways. Will look at Casa 325 and the others. Thanks for the suggestions. The 3 night rental during Thanksgiving is causing a little trouble, I may have to try and increase the rental time. You all have given me a good start and lots to look at.

kansas
8. Re: Still searching for rental property

Thank you I have contacted Suite Dreams Inn (beautiful) and Casa 325 another pretty property. I really appreciate the help. Both properties will work. Since I do not if the girlfriend of my son is coming for sure the two bedroom scenario I think would be better with a sleeper sofa than trying to get a 3 bedroom. It is the 3 bedrooms that I was having problems with the nightly rental requirements. As always a few suggestions of where to look pays off.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 37
9. Re: Still searching for rental property

We stayed at Suite Dreams Inn in December and it is a lovely property. It is farther from Duval than you originally wanted, but if you rent bikes or scooters, it will make your trips back & forth easier.

Upstate New York
reviews: 6
10. Re: Still searching for rental property

I have used VRBO a number of times, but not in KW. Have never had a problem. It was always dealing with the property owner directly, or a property manager through a realty company who was handling it for the owner. I wouldn't hesitate using them if you can find something that works for you.