We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

north-south-east-west

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
reviews: 33
north-south-east-west

Ok, I have been coming to the rock for 8 years, and I still cannot get my orientation right. and I am usually very good at that, but for some reason the island throws off my internal compass. anyone else have this "problem".

Orlando, Florida
11. Re: north-south-east-west

Nope. I can make it from the Galleon to SWB with no compass. :-)

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 34
12. Re: north-south-east-west

"Nope. I can make it from the Galleon to SWB with no compass. :-)"

Because Kino's are especially trained like that!

Los Angeles
reviews: 44
13. Re: north-south-east-west

I have no problem where I am in Key West, I just don't use terms like "North" or "West". I'll say head to Mallory Square or Ft. Zach.

Where I do get helplessly lost is in Miami, trying to navigate the streets out of the car rental. Trying to find the Turnpike, which many signs don't even call "turnpike", is much harder than to navigate around a tiny island like Key West.

Frozen North
reviews: 5
14. Re: north-south-east-west

I find it confusing because lower Duval is to the North, and Upper Duval is to the south???? Clowns to the left of me jokers to the right, here I am........

I blame it on old age and Budweiser

15. Re: north-south-east-west

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 25, 2014