We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Margarita Day, 02/22/2013

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 38
National Margarita Day, 02/22/2013

$6.00 margaritas at the beach side bar at the Pier House.

Pjk

Western...
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 3
1. Re: National Margarita Day, 02/22/2013

How are the Margs at Pier House? I've only had the Bloody Marys and those were good.

PJ

Orlando, Florida
2. Re: National Margarita Day, 02/22/2013

National Margarita Day? Sorry, PJK, I forgot to get you a card. :-)

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 34
3. Re: National Margarita Day, 02/22/2013

Like PJ, we've only had the Bloody Marys at Pier House. Is it Janine who makes the best ones? Each time we've gone there looking for her, her sister Merry is behind the bar, but we've had no complaints! I guess I'm not much of a margarita drinker anymore, except maybe on Cinco de Mayo.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
4. Re: National Margarita Day, 02/22/2013

Cruisemom, yes, it's Janine - hers are my favorite! Meri is sometimes at the Chart Room these days. She's also quite a talented mixologist!

5. Re: National Margarita Day, 02/22/2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:47 am, February 22, 2013
Edited: 7:47 am, February 22, 2013
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 38
6. Re: National Margarita Day, 02/22/2013

I usually stick to the Bloody MArys but last may, with a friend, we decided to try a few other things - a margerita, a rum-runner, and either a strawberry daqueri or a pina colada (it had two layers of color). All of them were good but a little too sweet for me as a rule.

Pjk

York, Pennsylvania
reviews: 14
7. Re: National Margarita Day, 02/22/2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUTf5qvS0Lo ; P

Key West
reviews: 67
8. Re: National Margarita Day, 02/22/2013

I just wonder why this whole post was not considered advertising for The Pier House and removed?

I was told by TA these types of posts are not allowed unless they are in direct response to a question. While I know some people might be interested in this deal from The Pier House, either you can proactively post specials and information on businesses, or you can't.

The rules here are getting kind of confusing.

southeast PA
reviews: 6
9. Re: National Margarita Day, 02/22/2013

I've never had one there, but I'm guessing they aren't using fresh squeezed lime juice...any margaritas with bottled sour mix are terrible, imnsho.

Orlando
reviews: 1
10. Re: National Margarita Day, 02/22/2013

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

I see this just like pjk's post - since 99% of the people that log onto TA each day are not locals - did his post actually advertise - or at least cause one person to buy a margarita from the Pier House today?

I doubt the TA algorithm uses such logic and is purely arbitrary even though there is supposed to be a set of rules in which no one truly understands. You are right - very confusing indeed.