We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your favorite condos in Key West?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Monroe, LA
reviews: 4
Your favorite condos in Key West?

In September, we will be visiting KW for the first time. Doing a lot of research, and I'm starting to lean more towards a condo rental (just 3 nights, though), as opposed to a hotel. Price is definitely a consideration, but we would like something decent, clean, and within walking distance of most everything, as we don't plan to rent a vehicle. Just my DH and I are going. Any thoughts? I'm thinking if not the rental, then possibly the Almond Tree Inn. Does anyone have any experience in renting, and if so, a favorite place to recommend? Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
1. Re: Your favorite condos in Key West?

We liked Truman Annex, able to walk to almost anyplace in Old Town. You may have some trouble for only three nights, most condos do weekly rentals. A lot of awesome B&B's in town also.

Good luck.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 33
2. Re: Your favorite condos in Key West?

We like Truman Annex as well. Unfortunately, our favorite condo there (a two story two bedroom cottage) is no longer available for rent. I think the owners must have sold it right after we stayed there. We've have very good luck finding Truman Annex rentals on VRBO and HomeAway.

Sorry, just re-read the OP and didn't notice at first you said 3 nights. As djad said, Truman Annex rentals are all only for a week or more. Our son and his wife found a cute rental on Truman Avenue through the company below:

http://www.vacationrentalskeywest.com/

Edited: 8:48 pm, February 17, 2013
MI
3. Re: Your favorite condos in Key West?

Another vote for Truman Annex!

Nassau, New York
reviews: 32
4. Re: Your favorite condos in Key West?

We rented in Shipyard last time(Truman Annex) Loved it. You may have a hard time with only a few days rental. Something about their licensing to rent states they must rent at least 7 days(or something along those lines). Anyway good luck!

Midwest family
reviews: 52
5. Re: Your favorite condos in Key West?

We travel to Key West twice yearly. We have been going for about ten years. STAY away from Truman Annex. Our last visit was a nightmare because of the filthy condo we were stuck with. We usually stay in one of the B&Bs, but thought we would try something different. Totally grossed out. First condo was filthy and had roaches and lizards on the entry and living room walls. We immediately called the rental agent and she put us in another condo. It was just okay, no bugs, but definitely not clean to our standards. In our opinion, the B&Bs are the best value. Our favorite is the Avalon and its sister property. Reservations must be made well in advance. As mentioned previously, Truman does not rent for less than seven days. We stayed ten and it was not pleasant only because of the sorry shape of the condo.

Edited: 9:43 am, February 24, 2013
6. Re: Your favorite condos in Key West?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, February 24, 2013
Edited: 10:05 am, February 24, 2013
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
7. Re: Your favorite condos in Key West?

Please don't judge the entire Truman Annex on your one unfortunate experience with your condo rental. I know you were unhappy and it's a shame the rental agency was unable to put you in a condo that met your satisfaction. However, there are a great many very nice CLEAN condos in Truman Annex and most people are happy with their rentals, according to the many reviews I've read. Based on our personal experience with Truman Annex rentals and that of many of our friends, I will continue to recommend these condos. Do some research and you can find reviews and user pictures of specific units BEFORE you sign a rental agreement.

We once rented the same unit for a second time and noticed it hadn't been as well-maintained as it was previously. There had been a change in the management and it showed. Rather than condem the entire complex, we chose another condo to rent the next time around. Again, research is key.

Craig and Cindy have an excellent reputation for having well-maintained condos in a variety of sizes and prices. If we have a need for a condo rental in the future, this is where I'll be looking.

http://www.rentmyparadise.com/indexkw.htm

Washington
reviews: 26
8. Re: Your favorite condos in Key West?

We have stayed in Ann Street Gardens (Tranquility) through a private owner. We have stayed here several times and love it. It about a block behind Sloppy Joes (one of the few condos in lower Duval area). Well maintained, clean, nice kitche and washer/dryer. Private patio as well. No noise at all inside the condo yet steps away from Duval.

9. Re: Your favorite condos in Key West?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 26, 2014