We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do , beside bars

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
reviews: 30
What to do , beside bars

Hello

As you can see from my nickname Im from Miami .. I love the Keys , I'd go to the keys at least twice a month in Summer time , Howver I've been in Key West only twice

The last time we spent only 3 days to take the ferry to Dry tortugas , beside the bars and restaurants and some shopping I couldn't find to much to do ....

DO NOT get me wrong .. Im not saying it is boring , Im asking cause I may have miss some of the fun for lack of information...

Planning a new trip soon .. any advise appreciate

BTW we are not too much interested into bars , shopping pr even beach .. looking for fun , adventure tours , snorkeling , etc .

Also any advice on where to go with a jetski

Thank you all

Central PA
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 53
1. Re: What to do , beside bars

77 things to do...

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g34345-Activitie…

Western...
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 3
2. Re: What to do , beside bars

For Jet Skis do the tour around the island if you rent by the hour you can't go where ever you want you have to stay in a mark area and you will get bored. Prices are about the same everywhere. Basefoot billy's tour is 2 hours long a little longer then others.

PJ

3. Re: What to do , beside bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, February 20, 2013
Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 14
4. Re: What to do , beside bars

My personal opinion - skip the personal watercraft.

Walk Old Town

Go fishing

Visit the cemetery

SCUBA / snorkel

Take Lloyd's Bike Tour

Drive up the keys to the old 7 mile bridge

Visit Pigeon Key

Look for Key Deer in Big Pine

Catch a sunrise

Do nothing.

Lehigh Valley, PA
reviews: 16
5. Re: What to do , beside bars

I just returned from a weeklong trip with my 20 year old son. We found plenty to do without the bars. And there are things that we didn't do that are on my trip for the next time. We went to the beach a couple days and hit the usual touristy spots -- Hemingway House, Truman's Little Whitehouse, took a trolley tour, went on a ghost tour and biked around the island. Check out the other lists that people posted.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 37
6. Re: What to do , beside bars

Closer to "home" than the Tortugas is an all-day trip with Danger Charters

http://dangercharters.com/

Limited to 20 people, snorkel, kayak, lunch, drinks (oops) snacks, sailing, and convenient- boards at 9:30 and returns at about 4:30, based on conditions. Just in time for a rinse and happy hour (oops again)

Pjk

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
reviews: 924
7. Re: What to do , beside bars

I 2nd touring the cemetery! Trolley tour was nice and informative. did you spend an evening down at Mallory Square watching the "festivities" and people watching, along with a sunset?

Williamsville, New...
reviews: 47
8. Re: What to do , beside bars

You could try a safari snorkel tour

sunsetwatersportskeywest.com/key-west-island…

Miami, Florida
reviews: 30
9. Re: What to do , beside bars

Thank you all for the answers ...

For the jetski , Im taking my own waverunner , any website to show you where to go ?

Walk Old Town ... Did it

Go fishing... Will do

Visit the cemetery... Not interested (personally never understand why people go vacation to visit a cemetery) JMO

SCUBA / snorkel.... Love it .. will do

Drive up the keys to the old 7 mile bridge . DId it

Visit Pigeon Key.... Will do

Look for Key Deer in Big Pine... Did it .. love it

Catch a sunrise... did it .. was great

safari snorkel tour... will do for sure

Danger Charters ...definitely my thing ,... WILL DO

Thank you all ...

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 34
10. Re: What to do , beside bars

The Key West cemetery isn't like any I've seen, and I don't typically go to cemeteries for the fun of it either. ;) We just spent the last two afternoons lyng in a hammock on the beach at Casa Marina - Heaven. We're usually more active during the day in Key West (snorkeling, swimming, kayaking, biking, etc.), but this time the weather was just perfect for relaxing and doing nothing for a little while. At night we do hit the bars for great live music.