We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami to Key West: fly one way, or drive both ways

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Misgav
reviews: 26
Miami to Key West: fly one way, or drive both ways

We want to visit the Keys to enjoy the views and scenery. I understand that it is a beautiful drive. Would we be missing out by only driving northwards from Key West back to Miami?

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
reviews: 33
21. Re: Miami to Key West: fly one way, or drive both ways

Drive down,,,fly out !

Kittery, Maine
reviews: 43
22. Re: Miami to Key West: fly one way, or drive both ways

LLLikens and Socrog - great plan! It's so nice to stop in the middle Keys - much to see and do and wonderful restaurants to sample all while you're looking forward to arriving in KW. And that last day in town you can relax with one last drink (or 4) rather than worrying about the traffic heading north along US1 unless you have more days to enjoy Fla sunshine.

That flight is wonderful when you look down and see the beautiful necklace of islands that make up the Keys - you get such a different perspective and realize there are many more than the islands you drove across.

I vote Drive down and Fly back for your first visit.

Edited: 1:11 pm, February 22, 2013
Sioux Falls, South...
reviews: 14
23. Re: Miami to Key West: fly one way, or drive both ways

For our 2nd trip down to Key West earlier this month, we drove down and back to Miami. I'm glad we did this once, but it will be the last time for us. Flying into and back out Key West will be the way to go in the future for us.

Wilmington...
reviews: 1
24. Re: Miami to Key West: fly one way, or drive both ways

we drove from miami, and back last year. we LOVED the drive down - and did it in about 8 hours! we stopped plenty of places, and had a blast. the ride back wasnt as fun. at that point, i wasnt speaking to my husbands friend that tagged along on our vacation, and was grumpy to be going home and back to work and back to a snowstorm anyway. definitely loved the ride down, but for us, we definitely could have done without the ride back. i would do the drive down again, but would fly home all the way instead.

25. Re: Miami to Key West: fly one way, or drive both ways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 24, 2014