We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Temps.

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 1
Water Temps.

We are heading down tomorrow morning and we are wondering if we should bring our dive gear.

Does anyone know what the water temp. is out at the reef ?

If it is below 75 degrees (75 is really a little to cold for me ) or less I will not be able to stay in the water very long.

Williamsville, New...
reviews: 47
1. Re: Water Temps.

According to NOAA the temp today is 72.

Edited: 7:45 am, January 29, 2013
Berwick, Maine
2. Re: Water Temps.

BT, I have a couple of wet suits I'll sell you seems I can't use them anymore, lol.

Buster

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
3. Re: Water Temps.

Thanks Buster, I have enough wetsuits. I have a one mill and a three mill. If I need anything more than that I don't go because for me it's no longer fun.

southeast PA
reviews: 6
4. Re: Water Temps.

I take it you don't do any diving in Jersey, BT? Not sure if we'll make it in the water at all on this trip. We are thinking about renting a pontoon boat some time this trip for a few hours on the water.

We'll be down the same time as you guys. Have a great trip...we get there Thursday.

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
5. Re: Water Temps.

I use to dive in NJ when I was much younger (teens and twentys) but now I am spoiled, I have become a warm water diver.

Berwick, Maine
6. Re: Water Temps.

I know what you mean BT. I certified 30 years ago in Maine and dove religiously for years with a 7 mil. Seemed like the last 10 or 15 years with more warm water diving it got harder to dive in the cold again. Still, it was a toss up if the water got a little cold to throw on the 3 mil one piece just so I could be underwater. Now that I can't dive anymore......I think I'd even take the cold water, lol.

Buster

Los Angeles
reviews: 45
7. Re: Water Temps.

I'd kill to be able to wear a 3 mm suit scuba diving! Even in June out here we're still wearing the super thick suits, gloves, booties and hoods.

If the viz is great in the Keys you gotta go! Or do they not have hoods and gloves in the tropics? ;-)

8. Re: Water Temps.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Key West