We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigar Smoking at Resort?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
reviews: 9
Cigar Smoking at Resort?

Does Southernmost on the Beach allow cigar smoking in open areas at the Resort? Don't smoke in the room but do like an occasional cigar on the balcony, around the pool, at the beach etc.

Dallas,Texas
reviews: 10
1. Re: Cigar Smoking at Resort?

I've never known it to be a problem in open areas.

Chester County, PA
reviews: 8
2. Re: Cigar Smoking at Resort?

You will be fine. The only local restriction that I know of is that cigar and pipe smoking is not allowed inside of the Southernmost Beach Cafe which is next door.

Frozen North
reviews: 5
3. Re: Cigar Smoking at Resort?

Please, if you smoke on the balcony, be aware of where the smoke is going, the people sitting on the balcony above and beside you may not want to inhale or smell it. If the rooms are nonsmoking, do shut your balcony doors, as the smell and smoke will go inside, and you may get the charge for smoking in the room if they have a charge.

Appleton, Wisconsin
reviews: 11
4. Re: Cigar Smoking at Resort?

I believe the balconies are non smoking at Southernmost.

Muncie, Indiana
5. Re: Cigar Smoking at Resort?

stayed at SMB in December in building A and no smoking on the balcony

Illinois
6. Re: Cigar Smoking at Resort?

Thanks for the info. I won't smoke on balcony and even when I smoke a cigar in open areas, even the beach, I ask anyone close by if it will bother them before I light up.

Central Illinois
reviews: 23
7. Re: Cigar Smoking at Resort?

In Ft. Myers Beach now. Smoking seems to be okay HERE. We were finishing our meal and a guy sat down upwind from me & lit up a cigar. I REALLY REALLY wanted to say, "You know, I really enjoy the smell of a good cigar. Too bad that's not one."

Illinois
8. Re: Cigar Smoking at Resort?

If you're going to smoke a cigar why would you smoke anything but a really good cigar? Nothing like a good cigar on the beach.

Central Illinois
reviews: 23
9. Re: Cigar Smoking at Resort?

Believe me, that was NOTHING like a good cigar.

mohrsville
reviews: 10
10. Re: Cigar Smoking at Resort?

Grab a cigar and drink at Cork and Stoggie , it's about 2 blocks down from SMOB , great place and great peeps!