We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key Lime Taxi - Reviews?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norfolk, Virginia
Key Lime Taxi - Reviews?

I'm looking to pre-pay / arrange in advance for transportation from the EYW to our hotel (round trip). This is for a group needing a van. Is Key Lime Taxi reputable? Any other recommendations? Anything I should be concerned about? Thanks for your feedback!

Bemidji, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 8
1. Re: Key Lime Taxi - Reviews?

Did you mean Key West Taxi? I think they are a decent company and you will see their cars and minivans around town a lot.

Norfolk, Virginia
2. Re: Key Lime Taxi - Reviews?

I'm not certain... Here is their info:

Key Lime Taxi

Keys Transportation Management LLC

Scranton...
reviews: 69
3. Re: Key Lime Taxi - Reviews?

When you arrive in KW, as you exit, there will be several taxis waiting there. They are aware of the flight schedules and there will be vans and cars. The one I am most familiar with is 5 sixes: http://www.keywesttaxi.com/

Lorain, OH
reviews: 23
4. Re: Key Lime Taxi - Reviews?

I don't think you really need to prearrange a taxi. There are vans waiting at the que and their is always someone there to help. They are used to groups traveling together.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
5. Re: Key Lime Taxi - Reviews?

I agree with others that its generally easy enough to just grab whatever cab is waiting in the line.

That said, if you have a group of more than 4 , with any sort of extra bags, it can get a little hairy.

Key Lime Taxi has the largest vehicles of any if the companies, so if you might need some extra space, they are a great choice. Also, they are very reputable and will absolutely make a reservation and meet your flight. It happens all the time.

Frozen North
reviews: 5
6. Re: Key Lime Taxi - Reviews?

I agree with KWS, we pre-arranged with Key Lime Taxi for our return trip to the airport last year, and they were very prompt and courteous. I would definitely use them if you decide to plan ahead.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
reviews: 12
7. Re: Key Lime Taxi - Reviews?

We used them once and they worked out fine. I felt odd as it was just the two of us and they were next in line at the airport. I think if it were me I'd have one of my party just step outside the door while you wait for luggage and see if one is in line and explain that you have a large party, that way I'm certain they'd wait for you as opposed to taking a party of two. It's only about 60 feet from the luggage carousel to the taxi stand. You'll find it very laid back compared to other airports. I'm just thinking out loud but I think that's what I'd do.

I would diffinately make a reservation for the return trip. I make that with a main dispatch as opposed to a driver.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 37
8. Re: Key Lime Taxi - Reviews?

There's no problem choosing a taxi that is not the next in line if the next one doesn't suit your needs. Depending on the size of your group and the amount of luggage, you should be able to just pick a van.

Pjk

Dallas,Texas
reviews: 10
9. Re: Key Lime Taxi - Reviews?

I prearranged for the them to pick us up for our departure flight and they were right on time. If you didn't know it there are set fees for taxis in Key West so one is a good as another. If I recall correctly it is $ 8.50 per person from the airport to new town locations.

Key West
reviews: 67
10. Re: Key Lime Taxi - Reviews?

All you need to do is go out in line and get one. If your party can't fit in one taxi, they will split you up in two. You pay per person anyway, not per taxi.

There is no need to prearrange anything.