We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Marathon, party in Duval?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Altamonte Springs...
Staying in Marathon, party in Duval?

We might be staying in Marathon sometime in late April or early May. Is there an easy way to do a day/evening trip to Key West for some sightseeing and drinks without worry about driving back to Marathon? We aren't looking to stay the night in Key West.

Frozen North
reviews: 5
1. Re: Staying in Marathon, party in Duval?

get a designated driver.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: Staying in Marathon, party in Duval?

Please do not drink and drive back to Marathon! US1 is not the place to take any chances AT ALL.

You canstill have fun. Come down early, have a drink at lunch, make sure that's the limit for the driver, have a fun afternoon and head back to Marathon for sunset with a sober driver and celebrate when you get back.

Altamonte Springs...
3. Re: Staying in Marathon, party in Duval?

I meant cab services or shuttles/buses..etc..

Key West
reviews: 14
4. Re: Staying in Marathon, party in Duval?

US1 is what I consider one of the most dangerous roads in Florida. so far this year 2 people have died in two separate accidents.Last year I believe it was 3 people a month average. Every law enforcement officer in the Keys travels US1 to go anywhere. partying on Duval and driving back to Marathon is not smart unless you have someone drive you.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 22
5. Re: Staying in Marathon, party in Duval?

Cabs will be roughly $150 each way.

Keys Shuttle will be roughly $75 per person - each way.

Bus service quits fairly early back to Marathon if I recall correctly.

A designated driver is your best bet.

Key West
reviews: 14
6. Re: Staying in Marathon, party in Duval?

sorry by the time I posted that you already posted your reply....Cabs are a bit expensive. The bus does run up the Keys

keywestcity.com/egov/…1340128616_843200.pdf

Check with your hotel there is a "party bus" not sure if it still runs.

Bonez

Altamonte Springs...
7. Re: Staying in Marathon, party in Duval?

Thank you for all of your help. I will probably either just get a hotel for one night in Key West or go for a daytrip and celebrate back on marathon.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
8. Re: Staying in Marathon, party in Duval?

There is a city bus. I am not positive, but think the last pick up in KW is around 1am. You can google the bus schedule to get exact. Drops off and picks up at the airport and a couple of other stops.

Edited: 9:30 pm, January 27, 2013
Upstate New York
reviews: 2
9. Re: Staying in Marathon, party in Duval?

I looked at the bus schedule and I believe the last run to Marathon leaves KW about 9-ish and gets back to Marathon at 11 something. I was considering that myself because usually I'm the designated driver, but this year I'm going to be there during my birthday and wondered how I was going to be able to cut loose in KW. lol.

10. Re: Staying in Marathon, party in Duval?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 30, 2014