We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night lodging on the Keys..where would you stay?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 night lodging on the Keys..where would you stay?

We are looking to spend 1 night on the Keys before heading to Key West...since we won't be arriving till mid afternoon, would like a place that has good food, fun bar where we can just hang...any suggestions?

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,478 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: 1 night lodging on the Keys..where would you stay?

Little Palm Island

Boston...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2. Re: 1 night lodging on the Keys..where would you stay?

Thanks,, a little out of my price range...They wanted $1100.00 for 1 night. Any other suggestions?

Chicago IL
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: 1 night lodging on the Keys..where would you stay?

We stayed at the Cheeca Lodge on Islamorada for a week about 2 years ago. It is a large complex with lots of amenities and a good restaurant, Both the Lodge rates (plus a $39 a day "resort fee") and the dining room prices are on the high side but I think the lodge is worth the price for one night.

There are lots of restaurants within either walking distance or a few miles away. As I remember the Green Turtle, Islamorada Fish Company (especially at sunset) and Uncle's were all good and the first 2 pretty lively.

Don't miss Bob's Bunz across the road for breakfast. Great cinnamon rolls, etc.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
32 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: 1 night lodging on the Keys..where would you stay?

Stay at Ocean View Inn and Pub- Islamorada. About $150/night. Full bar and restaurant at the Inn. Pool on site. Only 7 rooms- each have a large private patio. http://www.theocean-view.com/

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,478 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: 1 night lodging on the Keys..where would you stay?

Thanks,, a little out of my price range...They wanted $1100.00 for 1 night. Any other suggestions?

There you go. A little info regarding that would have gone a long ways to giving you good info.

Now we know.

Boston...
Level Contributor
21 posts
6. Re: 1 night lodging on the Keys..where would you stay?

Foodie Fare I'll take a look at O cean View...have you stayed there? any good restaurants close by?

Buffetguy...my only response is wow..

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,478 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: 1 night lodging on the Keys..where would you stay?

response of WOW? Really? You too?

I had no way to know what you were looking for. Now we know that $1100 per night is too much. Still don't know what other unspoken limits you have, but we should be able to narrow them down by guessing willy nilly.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
12,862 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: 1 night lodging on the Keys..where would you stay?

If you're looking at Islamorada - take a look at The Moorings too. Next to Cheeca.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
32 posts
70 reviews
9. Re: 1 night lodging on the Keys..where would you stay?

Yes, we have stayed there a couple times on our way to KW. Large, clean rooms. There is a restaurant there. However, if you want to go elsewhere, try Island Grill. It's close by and the front desk can give you directions. They have a bar there too. Very pretty. http://www.keysislandgrill.com/

Boston...
Level Contributor
21 posts
10. Re: 1 night lodging on the Keys..where would you stay?

now you're making me laugh....you are funny..I do appreciate your suggestion though.

Get answers to your questions about Key West