We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

islamoroda or marathon

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Islamorada
reviews: 5
islamoroda or marathon

We are travelling to key west and want to break journey, so wanting to stay in either marathon or islamoroda........wanted to know hich has most to offer.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
1. Re: islamoroda or marathon

I would choose based on any accommodations you find that you like or if there is a specific thing you want to see/do in one area. Both are good areas and they are different from one another. And if it's only a night...... Maybe consider more time in the Keys then Key West and not necessarily stay in both but visit both and give them the time they deserve.

Both have a lot to offer. I know I'm not really answering or making a decision for you - my advice would be to comb thru places to stay and see which resort/motel feels right for you. They are so close together too.

Islamorada
reviews: 5
2. Re: islamoroda or marathon

Thanks very much we want it for a base really but need good restaurants for the evenings, we are sightseeing during the day and also want to take a fishing charter and do some shore fishing over three days., any suggestions would be helpful

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
3. Re: islamoroda or marathon

All that you are looking to do is what both cities are about. Water, sun, food, drink, fishing fishing fishing. (but think bridge fishing rather then the shore fishing) Although - The Moorings = a little fishing from shore - unless people are swimming. Nice place to stay.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 3
4. Re: islamoroda or marathon

both are nice; my personal preference is marathon

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
reviews: 198
5. Re: islamoroda or marathon

I agree, both are nice, and my personal preference is Islamorada - there are resorts where you can fish from shore. And have a look at the Party Fishing boats, they are a good option to go fishing without spending your whole holiday budget on it.

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
reviews: 13
6. Re: islamoroda or marathon

There's no right answer to which is better. I would tip to Islamorada - smaller, less of a town but still great restaurants.

Canandaigua, New...
reviews: 32
7. Re: islamoroda or marathon

As a second time visitor... I loved Islamorada.. Diving Museum, Anne's Beach, Robbies Marina, Island Grill ... lots to explore. Loved it!

Edited: 5:19 pm, January 28, 2013
new jersey
reviews: 20
8. Re: islamoroda or marathon

We have always been thrilled with Marathon... Sombrero beach is excellent... probably one of the nicest beaches in the Keys, and also Marathon is an easy drive to Bahia Honda state park, which is awesome... you cant go wrong with either one

9. Re: islamoroda or marathon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 30, 2014