We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helen's Hideaway

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delaware
Helen's Hideaway

We are 16 days away from making our way to KW! I've been reading many of these posts and can't wait to get down there and visit all the places I have noted from everyone's advice. I appreciate all the useful information. The northeast is COLD right now so the sun and warmth will be welcomed.

Does anyone here know anything about Helen's Hideaway? We are staying here and I was hoping to get a little insight on what to truly expect. The pictures look nice, but wasn't sure if they were accurate. How is the location? It is located just behind the Gardens Hotel and seems like it might be a good location for walking to most places in Old Town. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks and can't wait to get down there and relax with a drink in hand!

Delaware
11. Re: Helen's Hideaway

Thanks PJ. Hopefully we'll be able to get some sun, if not, just more time to enjoy the town and drinks.

Western...
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 3
12. Re: Helen's Hideaway

Be careful in the Sun you really need to lay out for a half hour. Have fun.

PJ

Derry, New Hampshire
reviews: 5
13. Re: Helen's Hideaway

Stayed in Key West maybe 10 times and Helen's Hideaway is by far the BEST!!!!

Staying at Down Island Digs this year as Helen's wasn't available. We'll be there first week of March.

You will NOT be disappointed!!!

TUT

Delaware
14. Re: Helen's Hideaway

Thanks TUT. We checked out Down Island Digs as well, but opted for Helen's. We thought the two seperate "houses" would be good for us.

Quick question - is the bathroom in the pool house really small?

Enjoy your stay. Looking forward to getting down there...only a few more days for us.

Saint Cloud, Florida
15. Re: Helen's Hideaway

stayed at Helens Hideaway a few years ago. OMG absolutely a perfect location. Had the private quiet when you wanted, then step out the gate and onto duvall for the action. Wouldnt stay anywhere else. It's the best!!!!

Houston, Texas...
16. Re: Helen's Hideaway

My wife and I, plus another couple have stayed there the last 2 years. The Bungalow is kind of small, but we got a long with it just fine. Other than that you're gonna love it....especially the private pool and proximity to Duval Street. You even get a semi-private alley to Duval. You will be well kept with linens and the place is cleaned daily. If you go out for a Sunset cruise, consider a sail ship called, Western Union...super fun. Don't recommend a fishing trip, but the Dolphin watch cruise is great. We flew into KW, caught a taxi to the cottage, then rented scooters for the week and one day. Good Luck!!

Carneys Point, New...
reviews: 53
17. Re: Helen's Hideaway

We stayed at Helens hideaway...very nice, private, and very close to Duvall street matter of just around the corner

New York City, New...
18. Re: Helen's Hideaway

Hi how was your stay at Helen's hideway? I would like to know how big the home is and updated. Is it as it pictured?

Thanks,

Martha

Delaware
19. Re: Helen's Hideaway

Our stay at Helen's Hideaway was perfect for us. We were two couples without kids for the week (yea!). The house is just as pictured. Actually, we did not spend much time inside either parts of the house except to sleep, so even though the pool house is a bit small it suited our needs (a bed and bathroom) just fine. The pool was great too and the heater worked well ( we turned the heat up a bit before we went out for the night). The only drawback to the pool area was it had limited direct sunlight (that might change through out the year or be ok for some, but us being northerns were looking for a little more direct sunlight for tanning in the wintertime). BUT the best part of the house is its location. Located just off Duval it is quiet yet the action is literally steps away.

We rented bikes through the rental agency and they dropped off and picked them up just as we had scheduled.

We did have one issue with the house - a supposedly 2-3 hour tree trimming job turned into an all day project and really impacted our afternoon. We contacted the rental agency and they resolved the situation to our satisfaction.

All-in-all, both couples said we would definitely rent this house again.

Oh, there were some ants spotted in both houses but nothing that really disturbed us.

If you decide to rent this place I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Enjoy your visit to Key West, I'm jealous...wish I was there right now!

Delaware
20. Re: Helen's Hideaway

Our stay at Helen's Hideaway was perfect for us. We were two couples without kids for the week (yea!). The house is just as pictured. Actually, we did not spend much time inside either parts of the house except to sleep, so even though the pool house is a bit small it suited our needs (a bed and bathroom) just fine. The pool was great too and the heater worked well ( we turned the heat up a bit before we went out for the night). The only drawback to the pool area was it had limited direct sunlight (that might change through out the year or be ok for some, but us being northerns were looking for a little more direct sunlight for tanning in the wintertime). BUT the best part of the house is its location. Located just off Duval it is quiet yet the action is literally steps away.

We rented bikes through the rental agency and they dropped off and picked them up just as we had scheduled.

We did have one issue with the house - a supposedly 2-3 hour tree trimming job turned into an all day project and really impacted our afternoon. We contacted the rental agency and they resolved the situation to our satisfaction.

All-in-all, both couples said we would definitely rent this house again.

Oh, there were some ants spotted in both houses but nothing that really disturbed us.

If you decide to rent this place I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Enjoy your visit to Key West, I'm jealous...wish I was there right now!

2nd Oh - you mention updates - without knowing what your standards are its hard to say. The house had been updated recently and everything for the most part is nicely appointed. Is it all stainless and high end like you might find in a NYC place or suburban home, no, but it is by no means old or outdated. Besides, the joy of this place is sitting outside and exploring the town. Have a good vacation.