We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
reviews: 1
Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

Loooking for suggestions for a steel drum band and/or a full band or an acoustic guitarist for my October wedding. Could do a steel drum band for the ceremony then turn it over to the DJ but if there are any good Bands out there in KW i would love to hear about them! thank you

11 replies to this topic
conn
reviews: 109
1. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

James Wist 305-292-9611 or e-mail at jpw@keywestcalypso.com. Plays SOCA style steel drums. Plays regularly at the KW Double Tree. Chekc out his website.

Boston, MA
reviews: 1
2. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

thank you much

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 40
3. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

Google Duane (Bongo D) Scott for a steel drummer.

Pjk

4. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, January 23, 2013

North Canton, Ohio
reviews: 3
5. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

I got married in kw last October. We used din Allen. He played acoustic guitar. He was awasome! Also, I saw you had a post about a sunset cruise as well. We used sunset water sports party cat. If you have any other wedding questions feel free to pm me.

6. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

My sister used Chris Thomas on acoustic guitar at her wedding. He was great...great singer.

I think he is also in a full wedding band too down there. His website is www.christhomasmusic.net

Delaware
reviews: 9
7. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

We used steel pan player Courtney Henry from IrieBand for our ceremony and cocktail hour - he was great!

South Jersey
reviews: 64
8. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

I like Chris Thomas a lot even though he gave my wife and I a hard time for our request of Jersey Girl. I think he said something like "Here is a great Tom Waits song that Bruce Springsteen ruined. I hate playing it but these folks asked for it". Hey I never said it couldn't be the Tom Waits version!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 34
9. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

Rusty Lemmon is one of my favorites.

http://www.rustylemmon.com/

Edited: 6:43 pm, July 24, 2013
PA
reviews: 5
10. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

We used Bongo D for our wedding and loved him! Great guy and everyone enjoyed it. He even let my dad play his steel drum after the wedding. Very reasonable price too!

Reply to: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted