We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

unsure of hotel?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 82
unsure of hotel?

I booked cypress house for May trip and after trip reports I am doubting what place to stay at. When I look on google earth it shows a place on a corner, not a pink building that some say they stayed in. I guess they are under new management and it does not have the same feel as the previous owners. I like the area where it is located and I want a comfortable, clean room. pool, good air conditioning, not worried about bk or drinks, my husband has to eat gluten free so we have to watch what he eats and how prepared. I am looking for current photos of the actual hotel because when you check website most of the rooms look similar to the other properties associated with this group. Help, does anyone have current photos and info, otherwise another choice close to this area. thanks for all help.

Queens, NY
1. Re: unsure of hotel?

It's definitely not pink. It's a wooden structure on the corner of, I believe, Caroline Street. I seem to recall reading somewhere that it is under new management. From just walking by it, the place looks fine. Sounds like you are having "buyer's remorse." Probably unnecessarily.

Key West
reviews: 67
2. Re: unsure of hotel?

I agree. The Cypress House had a big following with special happy hours and guests that returned again and again. When it was bought, many changes were made that made the existing guests unhappy.

However, if you have not stayed there before, you will not be aware of the changes. The place is still clean, well run, and well located. I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
3. Re: unsure of hotel?

historickeywestinns.com/the-inns/…

Is this what you are looking at? The Cypress House also has another house that is two doors from the big house on the corner. It's blue with pink or purple shutters. It's called the Guest Studios or Cypress Suite.

Williamsville, New...
reviews: 47
4. Re: unsure of hotel?

If you are staying with Historic Key West Inns, you will not be disappointed. We have stayed in 3 of their properties & loved it. They are great. Nicely manicured grounds, clean, quiet.

Edited: 10:49 am, January 15, 2013
Western...
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 3
5. Re: unsure of hotel?

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay, the location is great IMO.

PJ

6. Re: unsure of hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 17, 2014