We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Champagne Cruise

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
reviews: 4
Champagne Cruise

Hi,

We are coming to Key West as part of our honeymoon (Miami, Key West and Barbados) and i'd like to surprise her with a romantic cruise in the evening.

I've read various reviews about the Danger Schooner, and the Fury Champagne Sunset Sail, but what do you recommend?

I'd like something for a couple of hours, with champagne, and in the evening, and with the boat not being too overcrowded.

Any recommendations on who to book with?

Also, is there any other romantic things to do in Key West?

Appleton, Wisconsin
reviews: 11
1. Re: Champagne Cruise

I did the Fury cruise, which is on a very large, stable catamaran. The only reason we chose this was that my mom had an injury and had difficulty walking. The crew was nice and they poured enough alcohol to get you very drunk. Not the most romantic atmosphere in general, as the boat is very large and the drinks are in plastic cups. Danger Wind and Wine gets far better reviews.

Williamsville, New...
reviews: 57
2. Re: Champagne Cruise

We plan on taking Echo Sunset & Moet in March, have heard great things about it.

http://www.dolphinecho.com/champagne.htm

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 83
3. Re: Champagne Cruise

I recommend Danger's sunset sail. There is a sunset cruise by Sebago out of The Casa Marina that advertises Champagne and Shrimp, but I did not have a good experience when I went.

Fury's cruises are more "booze cruises" and tend to have many people who get very drunk and rowdy. I think Danger is the closest to what you are looking for.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 56
4. Re: Champagne Cruise

Look at the Floridays....

http://floridays.org/sunset.htm

Prettiest sailboat for a sunset on the island.

The second best is Sebago's Casa Marina sunset. I've done this three times and it is currently my fav.

http://www.keywestsebago.com/casa.php

Pjs

Williamsville, New...
5. Re: Champagne Cruise

I second SDT on Fury...we did Commotion on the Ocean this past June & while being on the water for sunset & the Cory Heydon (sp??) band playing was great, it's a drunken frat party. I'm all about having drinks & a good time, but having drinks spilled on me, being pushed & shoved by slobbering drunks, who they kept serving, is not what I would call a good time. But, you live & you learn!!!

Shelby Township
reviews: 19
6. Re: Champagne Cruise

The Sunset Cruise was fun. The captains do their best to liven up the group. They do try their best with the ritz crackers and cheese. We weren't that impressed but we have a good time wherever we go.

If you're on your honeymoon, you MUST DO this.

Better Than Sex Dessert Restaurant (YEP this PLACE WAS AMAZING - local hangout, kinda hard to find BUT SO WORTH IT) Reservations are definitely needed. It's dark and sexy. I had a white-chocolate-sugar-rimmed glass of champagne. Yummy.

Make a dinner reservation at Latitudes on Sunset Key. Go there and watch the sunset while you have your dinner outside. Walk around the small island. It's absolutley lovely. You can buy your ferry pass at the counter of the Westin Hotel as it is a Westin property and use their beach. The spa there is amazing.

Edited: 2:19 pm, January 15, 2013
Williamsville, New...
7. Re: Champagne Cruise

Better Than Sex moved to a new location, easier to find than old location. Its now at the corner of Simonton & Truman.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 56
8. Re: Champagne Cruise

Which sunset cruise, Tina?

Pjk

Miami, Florida
reviews: 9
9. Re: Champagne Cruise

Cant go wrong with the Commotion on the Ocean. We got married in Key West last year and did that Champagne/Sunset cruise as our "reception". Our anniversary is this weekend and we leave tomorrow and already have our tickets for the Commotion on the Ocean for Friday night!!

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
10. Re: Champagne Cruise

Danger Charters' Wind and Wine Tour is one of the most romantic sunset sails I've taken, with the added attraction of lovely wines (and a champagne/sparkling selection). You can try them all or focus on one, it's all good. They try to keep the group ~ 15 - 20 and the appetizers are of a higher quality than you'll find on some of the catamaran sails. It's a perfect honeymoon activity, IMO.

Enjoy, whatever you decide!