We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West Wedding

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Agr313
Key West Wedding

This is my first time posting, but I have spent many hours reading responses to others' questions/topics and thought I would give it a go.

After hours of online research, I am struggling to narrow down my list for potential wedding venues in Key West. My fiancé and I would like a fun wedding weekend with about 30-50 guests; importance on open bar/fun dj/dancing, memorable weekend for all.

We fell in love with the Ocean Key Resort (online) but are afraid it may be too expensive. We were hoping to get away with around $10,000 for wedding/reception, but are thinking we may increase it to $15,000 due to the overinflated prices of Key West. Have any of you ever done a wedding there that was within a $15000 budget? Is it feasible?

I have read about the Pier House, and Southernmost being great options too, but didn't see any prices online.

We are also worried about the prices of rooms for our guests.. but as someone told me, there are enough options for all budgets within walking distance that I shouldn't really concern myself?....

Has anybody had their wedding at any of these places? any suggestions?

Also, We have not completely ruled out Islamorada, as it seems there are many more affordable choices, but like the entertainment options offered in key west. We were worried there might not be as many fun things to do for the guests.

Thank you in advance for any input....

Normal, Illinois
reviews: 2
11. Re: Key West Wedding

We are planning on getting married on a Sunset Watersports catamaran. After sunset, to have the ceremony on the boat, it's about $5100. That includes the boat for 3 hours, a DJ, someone to marry you, food, beer/wine/soda, gratuity, and tax. Up to 75 people. That's by far the best deal I found...

They also have a similarly-priced option to have the wedding on a beach and then have your reception on the boat. To do this during sunset, add $2000. They can also include photography, but we are opting out of that. I think the only thing that really isn't included is a cake.

Key West, Florida
12. Re: Key West Wedding

Talk to the Pier House! We had our wedding and reception there for around $10,000 with 60 guests. It was great! The food was delicious. The only downside was it could only go until 10PM due to a noise ordinance with the hotel.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 47
13. Re: Key West Wedding

I'd like to hear how the boat wedding turns out.

Pjk

Agr313
14. Re: Key West Wedding

PJK: Hi. I emailed Tiffany at Ocean Key this am and am hoping to hear back. It took me a while, but Dan(my fiancé) and I finally found 2 days off that we could both drive down and take a look. I'm waiting to hear back from Ocean Key to set up an appt, then I will prob call a couple more places, just to have options. Thanks again for the contact info.

Edited: 9:03 am, February 11, 2013
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 47
15. Re: Key West Wedding

OK, and good luck.

Pjk

Agr313
16. Re: Key West Wedding

Ok, so I made a couple appointments to visit venues in KW, but do not want to overlook the possibility of Islamorada (since it seems much more affordable and still very beautiful). I only have one day to look around islamorada and need some help narrowing down my options. As it is, I have narrowed their abundant list of wedding venues down to the following (in no particular order):

Lookout Lodge, Drop Anchor Resort, The Caribbean Resort, Hawks Cay, Post-Card Inn, Coconut Cove, The Islander, Pierre's, and Chesapeake Beach Resort.

As you can see, still too many options. Any input/help dwindling these down is much appreciated. We are going to be down in the keys next weekend; so I'm hoping to finalize my appointments in the next coming days.

Thanks,

Annalise

washington, dc
reviews: 3
17. Re: Key West Wedding

Hi there - Congratulations! I had my reception at Ocean Key a little over 5 years ago - happy to talk to you about my experience (short answer - I LOVED IT). Feel free to DM me.

Agr313
18. Re: Key West Wedding

Ok, so I was calling around Islamorada trying to make appointments for this weekend to walk around the venue and I came across Cheeca Lodge being mentioned in many posts, but for some reason, it's not written down as a potential favorite of mine, so I know I must have thrown it out of the mix early on, but I don't know why.... anybody have any thoughts/insight on a wedding at Cheeca Lodge??

As it stands now, we have appointments at Hawks Cay, Coconut Cove, and Post-Card INN.--Islamorada

We also have appointments at Ocean Key, Pier House, and Casa Marina--Key West.

any thoughts from any of you locals??

Edited: 2:02 pm, February 18, 2013
Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 32
19. Re: Key West Wedding

Maybe because of cost? You have a wide variety of budget though so not sure. I think it would be close to Hawks Cay or even closer to Ocean Key. But, if it's close to OK price I would stick with Cheeca. And do take a look at Casa Morada while you're there. Would be a lot more private then The Islander and I would think a lot less $$ then what you have for KW and more intimate.

Boston, MA
reviews: 1
20. Re: Key West Wedding

I'm getting married at OK this year any questions send me a message. Chances are I've asked the same questions and I have the answer!

Get answers to your questions about Key West