We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flipflops

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
U.S.A.
reviews: 36
Flipflops

I have a shoe question----How close to the edge of the back of your flipflops is your heel? I am new to flipflops and need advice. I have 2 new pairs of flipflops, and my heel is fairy near the back. If I order a size bigger, the heel is too far up, and appears too big and flippy instead of floppy. Please help me! My whole life depends on this!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 61
21. Re: Flipflops

One trip down I was scratching around for a gift for a friend of mine. Guess what I got her. Nope, but close. These...

margaritavillestore.com/flip-flops-earring.h…

They are available all over the place in Key West.

Pjk

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 22
22. Re: Flipflops

Bless your heart.

Grab some croc flip flops, try them on at the store, whatever feels best, get them.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
23. Re: Flipflops

Hey Blue, at least at the naked parties, you don't have to worry about the flip flops!

I for one, can't wear any sort of sandal that has a thong between my toes, no matter how much breaking in I do.

If you run into that problem when you're down there, Buffetguy actually has a great idea, bless HIS heart...try crocs!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 40
24. Re: Flipflops

LOL! I wear flip flops or Kino's year-round. My favorites are my Yellow Box Kate black with sparkly sequins. I think I paid $20 for them at Sam's.

Knoxville
reviews: 7
25. Re: Flipflops

Agree cruisemom - I LOVE Yellow Box! They are reasonably priced, but feel great all day long!

Los Angeles
reviews: 45
26. Re: Flipflops

flip flops might work for some but for me, with all the walking I do, as well as bike riding, they just chaff my toes and fall off at inopportune moments. I now only use then in the shower at the gym!

For the Keys get yourself a pair of lightweight slip-ons, like No Sox or Skechers Go Walks. They have a thick sole and lightweight, mesh uppers. I can walk all over Old Town in them and don't need to worry about putting sunscreen or bug spray on my feet after snorkeling. And I don't need to wear socks with them, they are so comfortable.

I used to wear Top-Siders all the time but for all day comfort this style shoe is perfect for me.

Harrisburg
reviews: 3
27. Re: Flipflops

I wear sandals that go flip-flop, and I will be flip-flopping all over the streets in 41 days. Lol.

Edited: 12:33 pm, January 10, 2013
Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
reviews: 1,092
28. Re: Flipflops

Very interesting thread; fun!; and been more informative than I thought. :)

U.S.A.
reviews: 36
29. Re: Flipflops

I appreciate all the positive, helpful feedback that y'all put into this thread! I do have a pair of surfwalker sockless, lightweight shoes to take along just in case.

Oh, trust me, no one will be looking at my flipflops at the naked parties (grin).

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
30. Re: Flipflops

Nice! ; )