We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flipflops

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
U.S.A.
reviews: 27
Flipflops

I have a shoe question----How close to the edge of the back of your flipflops is your heel? I am new to flipflops and need advice. I have 2 new pairs of flipflops, and my heel is fairy near the back. If I order a size bigger, the heel is too far up, and appears too big and flippy instead of floppy. Please help me! My whole life depends on this!

U.S.A.
1. Re: Flipflops

Should I have more flip in my flop or more flop in my flip?

Knoxville
reviews: 4
2. Re: Flipflops

Hahahaha, what a strange question!! For what it's worth, I like my heel to go ALMOST all the way to the end of the shoe (more flop in my flip??).

Marco Mamma AKA The Flip Flop Queen

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 81
3. Re: Flipflops

I agree, close to the back with out going over. If you get them to big you will find them flopping right off your foot, or sticking out too far in the front causing you to trip. I prefer to buy them at the store where I can try them on. If you are in Key Wes you also need to check out The Sandal Factory where they make sandles on site. Very comfortable shoes for walking and they don't fall apart if you get them wet.

Western...
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 3
4. Re: Flipflops

More flip in the flop. Tight as fit as possible for me.

PJ

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
reviews: 12
5. Re: Flipflops

I feel very strongly both ways.

Ps depends on the brand as to which size I wear. I like reef but the same size cobian is too small on the other hand johnston murphy is larger and then on another hand do I go with the bottle opener style, or yet on another hand do I go colorful or stick with male standard black? Also a white man who's feet haven't seen the sun in over a year shouldn't wear flipflops at all, it's just wrong.

Edited: 9:35 am, January 09, 2013
U.S.A.
6. Re: Flipflops

Cool, cool, cool!

You folks saved my life! I appreciate that!

I've never worn flipflops before, but since I plan on visiting Key West 4 times this year, I finally broke down and bought two pairs. I researched them, Googled them, asked friends and strangers about them, and even consulted with a local minister about them (seriously). I knew I could count on you folks!

MI
reviews: 8
7. Re: Flipflops

Strange.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 37
8. Re: Flipflops

Coupla bucks at the CVS. There's a big rack. You can try 'em on.

Pjk

U.S.A.
9. Re: Flipflops

Who says "a white man who's feet haven't seen the sun in over a year shouldn't wear flipflops at all, it's just wrong"?...Remember, in Key West, no one judges you. You can wear whatever you want (or nothing at all; I've been to the naked parties). Straight men can wear pink; obese people can wear tight belly shirts; you can wear 1970s Elvis sunglasses; you can wear black when it's 115 degrees; you can wear loafers and jeans to the ocean; you can wear skinny jeans even if you're not. No one judges you.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 3
10. Re: Flipflops

Damn Blue, new to flip flops ! Where have you been living,in Barrow, Alaska ? :) Your life depends on this ! ? Really ? I love my flip flops but they are not the best for walking for too long. KW is great for walking and I would suggest invest in a pair with a bit more sole to them instead of the cheap rubber kind you wear poolside or the beach. REEF makes the bottle openers previously mentioned. Have fun in KW in your new flops.

Edited: 11:20 am, January 09, 2013