We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West: Very Simple Beach Wedding for 2

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Suburban Chicago
reviews: 49
Key West: Very Simple Beach Wedding for 2

My fiance and I would love to do a simple beach wedding, but within the US... we're in Chicago and thinking FL Keys will be the ideal location!

Here are the details:

- There will only be the 2 of us (my fiance and me)

- Early February, like 2/2/13 (I know, less than a month away!)

- Love the sunset beach photos and leaning that route

I desperately need your help/advice on which island, location/beach, who to officiate, etc etc etc...

Thank you so much!

Central PA
reviews: 59
1. Re: Key West: Very Simple Beach Wedding for 2

We did a sunset sail wedding on Blue Ice, it was great. They took care of everything. Then a pedicab down Duval with some beer cans in tow!

http://www.blueicesailing.com/weddings.html

Williamsville, New...
reviews: 47
2. Re: Key West: Very Simple Beach Wedding for 2

Fort Zach does weddings at sunset.

http://fortzacharytaylor.com/wedding.html

Not sure if Sunset Key does small weddings.

westinsunsetkeycottages.com/wedding-overview

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 41
3. Re: Key West: Very Simple Beach Wedding for 2

I'm going to add a suggestion for a wedding on a boat - Breezin' Charters...

http://breezincharters.com/

Captain Dees, Dennis Krinnett, is a friend of mine and I go out with him to snorkel when I'm in Key West so I know what a great guy he is and how nice Breezin' is. He's worth a look, too.

Pjk

Alpena, Michigan...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Key West: Very Simple Beach Wedding for 2

We were married at Coconut Bay Resort/Bay Harbor Lodge in Key Largo. It was amazing! It's on the Bay side, was great to be right there at the resort, and the staff was incredibly friendly/helpful and made the day absolutely unforgetable. Tanya, the resort's wedding planner, took care of getting the cake and when I decided, at the last minute, that I wanted flowers after all, she directed us to one of the local florists which was conveniently located a couple of miles away. Every single sunset during our stay was breathtaking. The evening of our wedding, though, the sunset was more than we could have ever imagined! Tanya did let us know that it normally always rains when they have a wedding planned but it has always stopped before the ceremony. She was absolutely right! I did post a review of Coconut Bay Resort and attached a couple of pictures on tripadvisor. They seemed to be the least expensive, yet nicer than a lot of other places in the Keys. In fact, we are returning for a belated honeymoon (just the two of us) at the end of this month. :)

Suburban Chicago
5. Re: Key West: Very Simple Beach Wedding for 2

Thank you so much to Mike T and Pjk - I never thought of a sail/boat wedding! It sounds interesting and fun, but I think I prefer to have my feet on the sand...

So I checked out Fort Zachs but I couldn't get in touch with anyone there and need something much easier knowing it is now less than a month away - I think I will definitely contact Coconut Bay. Thanks Carrie! Do you have any other advice in connection with the wedding? It sounds like you had a great ceremony - and enjoy your belated honeymoon!!!

Alpena, Michigan...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Key West: Very Simple Beach Wedding for 2

Just let the wedding planner take the stress of it all out away for you. :) We incorporated a sand ceremony into our wedding so that we could include our children but, if you decide on a sand ceremony, be sure to purchase your vase(s) and sand beforehand and take them with you since there really isn't a place down there to get that. Also, the flight back home mixed some of our sand up in the vase because of the pressure. Thankfully, one whole side remained unmixed. :) Also, we had one suitcase that contained ALL of our wedding attire, jewelry, etc so that it was all in one location and nothing would get mixed up. There is a wonderful drycleaner nearby the resort in Key Largo that steamed all of our wedding clothing and my dress so we didn't have to wear wrinkles. It was roughly $100, though, for my dress, hubby's and the 3 boys outfits, and my daughter's dress. I really didn't think it was that bad considering we gave her such short notice (the day before the wedding, oops!). If you do decide to get married at Coconut Bay, the far right side of the property near the property line was a great sort of hidden isleway. Hubby was facing the ocean when I walked up behind him so that the photographer could snap the 'first look' shot as I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around. We didn't have music or anything, just tiki torches and we had the resort make a heart in the sand for us. I can't express enough how relaxed and romantic the whole thing was, even having 4 kids with us! If you haven't booked a photographer, take a camera and have one of the staff members take pics, or even other people who are staying there. You will be amazed how nice people are there. :)

North Carolina
reviews: 42
7. Re: Key West: Very Simple Beach Wedding for 2

How are your wedding plans coming together!

Suburban Chicago
8. Re: Key West: Very Simple Beach Wedding for 2

Hi Jello- thanks for asking! I am actually going to be doing a SEAPLANE wedding! After searching and going through the net, I came across the option and thought it was so unique and interesting that I couldn't pass it up! I am hoping it will be as nice as I envision the sunset flight wedding will be... I will have to update once I get back from my wedding/honeymoon trip =)

BTW: I am going to be staying at Parrot Key and Eden House during our trip and still need tips on where to eat on a budget... thank you!

key west
reviews: 14
9. Re: Key West: Very Simple Beach Wedding for 2

The cafe is not inexpensive but the food is amazing and the portions more than big enough to share.while at parrot key, cross over Roosevelt Blvd and enjoy a very affordable breakfast or lunch at goldmans deli in the winn Dixie shopping plaza or pop over to stock island for inexpensive local seafood at either huricane hole where you can also rent kayaks and paddle boards or hogfish grill. Also roostica on stock island for great affordable mostly Italian food and pizzas.

Suburban Chicago
10. Re: Key West: Very Simple Beach Wedding for 2

jdjn9 - thank you so much!!! You have no idea how helpful that is... I will definitely be checking on those places and plan to eat there!

Get answers to your questions about Key West