We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring break 2013

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan, United...
reviews: 11
Spring break 2013

Hi

I'm planning to spend three nights in Key West (12th - 14th March ) and read that this may be the same time as spring break. Hotels filled with gangs of kids having a wild time and partying I've read. I'm not sure if my planned dates would coincide with this but if they did is this what i could expect or is it over stated?

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
11. Re: Spring break 2013

I think the Best Westerns are likely to be full of spring breakers, so prob best to avoid this trip. Not sure about your price range, but some of the more reasonably priced guest houses you could try are the Angelina Guest House, L'habitation and Papas Hideaway.

If price is not an issue, check the Gardens Hotel. It's a gorgeous property. Also, Tropical Inn and Heron house.

Check those out and call directly to be sure they aren't renting to spring breakers. One of those should work our great for you!

Los Angeles
reviews: 44
12. Re: Spring break 2013

if you go for a B&B with a no spring breakers policy, or stick to ones with higher rooms rates (over $300 night) you could avoid their issues.

The more expensive places also tend to have fewer issues with noisy, partying adults.

Wigan, United...
reviews: 11
13. Re: Spring break 2013

Thanks for all the replies and advice. I might be able to book the Crown Plaza using Priority club points so may take this option as Orion-240 suggested using somewhere with higher room rates.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
reviews: 33
14. Re: Spring break 2013

scary sight....packs of young female spring breakers roaming the streets...ALWAYS in packs of 6-8 girls...all dressed up in heels,hair,dresses etc.....in the middle of the afternoon................SCARY !!!!.....sorority gangs :)

des moines, iowa
15. Re: Spring break 2013

You really don't need to worry about spring breakers, but avoid anyone named Mike, Buster, JoeMass, or Andy!!!!

Des Moines, Iowa
16. Re: Spring break 2013

They don't come out till late.. Usually hangover all day. The real fun is during the day anyway. Who is all going this march? 16 - 21? We will be there .. Chart Room 8:00 on the 17th.. Who is in?

Miller Place, New...
reviews: 21
17. Re: Spring break 2013

We will be in Key West from 3/17 - 3/21. It will be our first visit there. We got a lot of great bar & restaurant advise from this forum. Really looking forward to our stay.

Cedar Park, Texas...
18. Re: Spring break 2013

We'll be there March 9-15. We are 30-somethings and went for SB last year, too. This will be our 3rd trip to KW, and we're staying in the same place for the 3rd time, the Key West BnB. They are GREAT, affordable, close, but not too close, to Duval, and very friendly. This year, we're bringing our BFFs from home to experience it for themselves. And the best part...all the kids are staying with the grandparents. We didn't have any problem at all with spring breakers. If anything, I think they are a riot to people watch. A couple of things we love doing while we are there...Ft. Zachary beach, kayaking with Danger Charters, eating at the local places, key lime pie martinis at the White Tarpon, museums, and bike riding to explore! I would recommend getting a map and somewhat committing old town to memory so you don't walk in circles after a night of too much fun, trying to find your hotel ;-)

Rocky Point, New...
19. Re: Spring break 2013

When is spring break? We will be in KW march20-24.? Wed. night at southernmost and last three at Casa marina

Rocky Point, New...
20. Re: Spring break 2013

Any room suggestions for the Casa Marina? Pictures of the property influenced our selection of the hotel. Feedback? We will be there for three days starting March 21st.