We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring break 2013

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan, United...
reviews: 11
Spring break 2013

Hi

I'm planning to spend three nights in Key West (12th - 14th March ) and read that this may be the same time as spring break. Hotels filled with gangs of kids having a wild time and partying I've read. I'm not sure if my planned dates would coincide with this but if they did is this what i could expect or is it over stated?

NH
reviews: 14
1. Re: Spring break 2013

I've only been to Key West one time, but I can tell you there were Hotels filled with gangs of middle-aged adults having a wild time and partying...

:-)

Wigan, United...
2. Re: Spring break 2013

Not the info i was after dugsage but your reply did make me smile :-)

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
3. Re: Spring break 2013

It is the same time as Spring Break, but it all depends on where you're staying. Many guest houses and Inns will not have any Spring Breakers. Most hotels, especially the ones in New Town, will have a lot.

Are you still looking for a reservation or have you found a room already?

Chester County, PA
reviews: 7
4. Re: Spring break 2013

Significant numbers of spring breakers usually congregate at Smathers beach during the day and Lower Duval at night. There are many, many places to avoid them. KWS above nailed the lodging situation.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
5. Re: Spring break 2013

Most of the B and B's in Old Town do not allow Spring Breakers. Call and ask their policy. That would be your safest bet.

Frozen North
reviews: 5
6. Re: Spring break 2013

They also seem to hang out at Southernmost Beach Cafe all day too. I have to say we go in March every year, and you see some funny stuff during Florida's Spring Break, oh to be young again.

Berwick, Maine
reviews: 1
7. Re: Spring break 2013

I don't think its been as bad the last few years as it was in the past. Yes, there are a lot of prince and princesses roaming around town but I seriously don't think it has interrupted my good time.

Buster

Berkshire, England
reviews: 58
8. Re: Spring break 2013

We used to visit KW during Spring Break but not any more! One year we stayed at the Southernmost Hotel and were assured that nobody under the age of 25 was allowed to stay there. Really? Suffice to say, it was mayhem!

Naperville, Illinois
reviews: 10
9. Re: Spring break 2013

I think where you stay is key. We were at the Galleon last year and had 6 20 something law students next to us, OMG, they never slept (at night)! One night we found a guy passed out half in the door, face first on the hard ceramic tile, ouch! He looked really bad at the pool the next day.. They really were a pia the whole week.

Wigan, United...
10. Re: Spring break 2013

kws. I'm still looking at my options. Was looking at the Best Western hotels but not sure now if a B&B would be better as suggested by KY.