We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Inn or Island City House

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
Paradise Inn or Island City House

My wife and I will be making our 10th trip to KW in late March but this time our 2 teenage children will be coming with us. I am currently booked in the Gumbo Limbo cottage at the Paradise Inn which is a one bedroom king with a queen sleeper. I have found a slightly higher priced two bedroom suite at the Island City House. The suite is located in the actual Island City House main building(not the Arch or Cigar house).

I know both locations well and would like opinions on each property(pro and cons). We have stayed at Simoncourt Court, KWHI, Heron House and The Gardens on previous trips and loved them all. Thank you in advance for your help. BTW- I lurk multiple times 365 days a year. Just rarely post and I truly love this forum.

SE Wisconsin
1. Re: Paradise Inn or Island City House

My husband and I stayed at ICH and loved it. We stayed in the main building in a 1 bedroom on the 3rd floor. Beautiful accomodations and loved the front porch. Highly recommended!

Burlington North...
2. Re: Paradise Inn or Island City House

We too have stayed on the 3rd floor of the ICH bldg. The best recomendation I can give is that we are headed back for year 2 the day after tomorrow. The accomodations are excellent, the staff amazing and the location perfect - 2 blocks from BO's and 2 1/2 blocks from the Bight. We've been coming to Key West for years, mainly we camp outside Key West on Sugarloaf Key but of late we have been staying in Key West. We've also stayed at the Curry Mansion and we thank the Island City House compares favorablly to it. The breakfast and happy hour are better at Curry Mansion but beyond that the Island City House excels. The porch on the 3rd floor IS amazing.

Western...
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 3
3. Re: Paradise Inn or Island City House

We have never stayed at ether place, but have friends that have stayed at both locations. We like the location of ICH, closer to the Bight. I don't think PI has a pool, sounds like you would have more room at ICH.

PJ

southeast PA
reviews: 6
4. Re: Paradise Inn or Island City House

another vote for ICH. We're headed back for our second stay there at the end of January. We love having a kitchen and a full suite for the price of a bedroom. I think ICH is also cheaper than Paradise Inn.

We too love the location right near Eaton Fish market and super close to all our favorite places at the Bight.

NYC
reviews: 2
5. Re: Paradise Inn or Island City House

We have stayed at many properties in Key West, from budget motels to small inns to the large chain hotels, but the Paradise Inn is definitely the most lush, tropical, and "Key West-y" place I have found on the island. The buildings are classic Conch style, the gardens are lushly and impeccably landscaped, and the pool and hot tub are private and secluded (yes, there is a pool!). There's truly nothing not to like. We've already booked our next visit -- and were pleasantly surprised to learn that the hotel offers a 10% discount off the room rate for repeat guests!

Lots of photos here:

http://traceyg.travellerspoint.com/22/

And here:

http://traceyg.travellerspoint.com/30/ (this is part 2 of a 2-part report).

Enjoy!

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 1
6. Re: Paradise Inn or Island City House

We used to stay at the Paradise Inn every trip, but had such a bad experience there last year that we will never stay there again. The staff, the entire staff, from front desk to housekeeping, was rude. The grounds and pool, once so impeccable, were falling into disrepair, and and there were lots of little things wrong that added up--broken and smelly refrigerator in the room, broken ice machine by the pool, holes in the bedding, etc. We would have overlooked all of these issues if we had been treated with any degree of kindness from the staff, but they seemed to always have something they would rather be doing.

On the other hand we have stayed twice at Island City House and were very pleased both times. Location is outstanding, and the rooms are very comfortable. Don't waste your money at the Paradise Inn. It was once a great property, but the new management is running it into the ground.

7. Re: Paradise Inn or Island City House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, December 18, 2013