We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing pole

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Michigan
reviews: 3
Fishing pole

Best place to buy a cheap fishing pole?

chicago
reviews: 3
1. Re: Fishing pole

The locals could direct you but I would start with some thrift stores or even a flea market.You can find great USED stuff for "rock" bottom prices. Good luck.

Key West
reviews: 14
2. Re: Fishing pole

K-mart in new town. Cheep spinning combos starting at $20. (I assume you are looking for something to use while you are here then leave behind) Get something with 10-20 pound test line.

Fish hard,

Bonez

Edit for spelling

Edited: 12:12 pm, December 01, 2012
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 38
3. Re: Fishing pole

The Key West Bait & Tackle shop over at the Bight advertises rod & reel rentals, and also has this on their web page...

B&M Jointed [cane] Poles “t” Series $4.28 - $7.97

Probably worth a stop. http://www.keywestbaitandtackle.com/

Pjk

Key Largo Florida
reviews: 43
4. Re: Fishing pole

Cane Pole? I wouldnt recomend using a cane pole down here. Thats just plain dumb.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
5. Re: Fishing pole

Yep, KMart has a good selection and you can even buy your fishing licence there!

In my opinion the ones at the Flea Market(Big Pine) are overpriced for what you're getting.

Good luck!

Los Angeles
reviews: 44
6. Re: Fishing pole

cheap stuff from K-mart if you don't care about catching anything.

I'd go the rental route and get something that will work and be set up to catch the right fish.

"Key West Bait and Tackle offers Light Duty Spinning Rods and Reels for rent starting at $15.00 for the first day and $5 each additional day."

Key West
7. Re: Fishing pole

PJK,

Your above answer is another shining example of you answering something you know nothing about. I'll make a deal with you I'll not answer questions about the Pier House and Kelly's wings if you don't' answer fishing questions.

Bonez

Central PA
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 53
8. Re: Fishing pole

Don't go to Kmart, shop local and support the little guy so they are able to stick around.

Key West
9. Re: Fishing pole

MIke,

I tend to agree with you on the shop local thing, unfortunately most of the local tackle shops do not have "cheep toss away" gear. I saw it posted that KW Bait and Tackle now rents poles. It's an idea i pitched to a friend of mine who owned a tackle shop for many years. I hope it works out for them I know the numbers since my friend and I often talked about just this issue (toss away gear and rentals) I myself have bought fishing items in K-mart. I don't mind paying a few $ extra to support my local guy but when the prices are %50 -100 higher I have an issue. I don't mind them making a buck off me but I don't need them trying to retire off me.

Bonez

Central PA
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 53
10. Re: Fishing pole

I hear ya Bonez.