We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best vacation home rental yet! Thanks Craig & Cindy!

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan City...
reviews: 6
Best vacation home rental yet! Thanks Craig & Cindy!

We got back Monday night from our 8th annual trip to Key West. This time we rented 214 Fleming from Craig & Cindy Tellerd (rentmyparadise.com) What a great house! We actually caught ourselves saying "meet you at home" or "let's go back to our house". It really was that comfortable.

It was perfect for 2 couples or a family with 2 or 3 kids. We had plenty of room to put away all of our things and be quite comfortable. The location can't be beat. Very short walk to & from the Smokin' Tuna which has become my favorite place.

On our visits to the pool we would talk with people there and they always asked where we were staying. People that lived there knew who Craig & Cindy were and had all positive things to say about them and their homes as well. Great people to deal with.

The kitchen was well stocked with plenty of dishes and cookware. No shortage of linens whatsoever. Beds were comfortable and everything was spotless. The living room was very relaxing with a ton of music and nice flat screen tv.

There is a nice deck/patio area out back with a hot tub. I thought it might get noisy being backed up to the county parking lot...but it was not an issue at all. You could hear an occasional trolley on tour but not really loud.

We had a chicken and her 4 babies visit daily & then a hawk that wanted the babies. Momma took very good care of her babies & chased him off. (Sorry to anyone that heard me scream...I didn't want to see or hear a baby chicken be a hawks breakfast). You really wouldn't believe I lived on a farm 15 years ago ;)

We have never stayed at the same place twice in Key West. We have stepped it up a notch every year. All 4 of us have decided we are going back to Fleming Street next time! No need to look elsewhere.

So now I'm back home in Indiana....freezing cold...more than 40 degrees difference from KW...it tried to snow today...complaining that last Saturday I was wearing shorts & flipflops... and dreaming of returning next year.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
1. Re: Best vacation home rental yet! Thanks Craig & Cindy!

Thanks for the quick TR, we discovered the Tuna last spring, and it did become a fast favorite!

Stay warm!

ontario, canada
reviews: 3
2. Re: Best vacation home rental yet! Thanks Craig & Cindy!

Thanks for the review. Just curious...how far is the pool from your house?

Michigan City...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Best vacation home rental yet! Thanks Craig & Cindy!

Lovidebb...if you are familiar with the county parking lot on Thomas Street by the courthouse between Fleming and Southard it's the distance of the parking lot. The house is on Fleming backed up to the parking lot and the pool is a short walk down the sidewalk in Truman Annex and is next to the parking lot. If you look out from the pool you can see the backside (upstairs) of the house across the parking lot. Very close and it's a nice quiet pool area with great lounge chairs.

ontario, canada
reviews: 3
4. Re: Best vacation home rental yet! Thanks Craig & Cindy!

That's great...not far at all : ) Thank you

5. Re: Best vacation home rental yet! Thanks Craig & Cindy!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, December 17, 2013