We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best option for two people to fish

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 42
Best option for two people to fish

Going to Keywest Feb1-4 and would like to go fishing but we are only a couple, wat is he best option? Shared charters are an option or light tackle boats, I just want to have a nice day and catch some fish. Any recommendations?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 38
1. Re: Best option for two people to fish

The least expensive would be to go our on the Tortuga IV, a party boat, either for a morning or afternoon's fishing. And are you aware that several of the hotels and bars in Key West will cook your catch for a small fee?

http://www.tortugacharters.com/

Pjk

reviews: 3
2. Re: Best option for two people to fish

Kingbird Charters. Only charter we use in KW since we discovered it.

conn
reviews: 106
3. Re: Best option for two people to fish

How much do you want to spend? What type of fish or fishing do you want to do? Flats, reef, deep sea?

Saskatoon, Canada
4. Re: Best option for two people to fish

ddavep, not really about the money and I'm not sure what we would even like to fish for. I would like something decent size with some fight but really just want a good experience. We fish at home in Canada so anything different than what we fish for here is kinda what we are going for.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
5. Re: Best option for two people to fish

A lot of your trip will depend on the weather...but we've had good days in Feb. Key West has many options for fishing charters, we have often changed our daily plans if the fishing conditions were good/bad. There are a lot of good suggestions above, but if your not really sure what you want, do a little research, narrow your options, we are all here to help! If you just want to wing it, and wait till you get there, or closer to your visit (better weather outlook) that's also an option!

I posted this earlier:

http://www.floridakeysfishingreports.com/

Good luck!

Cincinnati, Ohio
6. Re: Best option for two people to fish

We always go out with Capt Gene on the High Class Hooker. We usually catch mahi and have it grill or blackened at A&B right after we get back.

http://www.keywestclasscharter.com/

We have caught a 50-60 lb sailfish and a couple of wahoo with him over the past couple of years. We usually go out 7-20 miles to what is called the ups and down and the wall out in the gulf stream.

Regardless of who you choose, fishing in Key West is always an adventure.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
7. Re: Best option for two people to fish

Definitely get out on a private charter.

conn
reviews: 106
8. Re: Best option for two people to fish

I would check out the deep sea (offshore) fishing charter. Looks like sailfish and a few Mahi-Mahi are working. Flats fishing for Permit, sharks ect is pretty good, try Luke Kelly, 305-304-3152, great flats guide who will come to Key West to take you out.

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 1
9. Re: Best option for two people to fish

Try Kingbird Charters, they are who I use and we have a great time and catch fish. It will depend on the time of year what you go out for but what ever you go out for you will have a great time.

Saskatoon, Canada
10. Re: Best option for two people to fish

Thanks for the suggestions, time to do some more reading now.