We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West June 2013 - 5 Day trip - need hotel suggestions!

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
reviews: 26
Key West June 2013 - 5 Day trip - need hotel suggestions!

Typically we travel to Caribbean all inclusives, but we are not going to be able to do a full week this year due to schedule constraints. I would like to give Key West a try to save the time typically wasted at immigration.

I'm not sure if Ocean/Gulf front and view are options, but we would like a nicer suite with a good view.

Places I've seen of interest are: Santa Maria (not-oceanfront); The Reach, The Gardens, Hyatt, and Pier House . . . Where else should I be considering?

I'd like a very nice place and I'm not concerned with budget. Any suggestions for where to book through would also be greatly appreciated. We usually go through Apple Vacations and a travel agent, but I think we are on our own for staying domestic. I've been using Orbitz and Travelocity.

What am I missing?

Any suggestions??? Thanks, I'd really appreciate your input!!

Thank you very much!!

Moline, Illinois
reviews: 27
1. Re: Key West June 2013 - 5 Day trip - need hotel suggestions!

If budget is not an issue, I would also consider Ocean Key Resort and Casa Marina. Of the ones you have listed, Pier House and the Hyatt both get good reviews and are well located. Be sure to read the reviews on here for all of them to get an idea of what travelers have liked and disliked and be sure to map them to see if you like the location.

I use Travelocity or Expedia to search, but I book according to price. Often times, the hotel has the same price so I prefer to book with them either online or personally if I want to make sure I am reserving a particular type of room.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: Key West June 2013 - 5 Day trip - need hotel suggestions!

You've got a good list going and I also recommend looking at Ocean Key. Take a look at the Westin too, although cruise ships docking can definitely interfere with the view some days. Southernmost on the Beach is another place with great water views.

If money is really no object, take a look at Sunset Key. And, if you really want to get away from it all, Little Palm Island, although that's a whole different kind of vacation.

Good luck!

Cincinnati, Ohio
3. Re: Key West June 2013 - 5 Day trip - need hotel suggestions!

I'll be there in June 2013 with the family for our 5th trip in 4 years. We always stay at the Pier House and we love it.

If money is no object, ask for a harbor view suite.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 40
4. Re: Key West June 2013 - 5 Day trip - need hotel suggestions!

If money is no object book a dockside suite. There are six of 'em and they are the only rooms built out over the ocean in Key West, on the pier of the Pier House.

Pjk

Marathon, Florida
reviews: 2
5. Re: Key West June 2013 - 5 Day trip - need hotel suggestions!

Try Tranquility Bay at mile marker 48.5

Beach, tiki, fine dining, golf and new beach house cottages - very upscale central location close too everything.

Check it out

Rockville, Maryland
reviews: 19
6. Re: Key West June 2013 - 5 Day trip - need hotel suggestions!

This easy. 4 great places in the Keys.

Key West stay at Pier House (4 nights).

Key Large stay at the Marriott Bay resort (3 nights).

Islamorada stay at the Cheeca Lodge (3 nights)

Duck Key stay at Hakws Cay (3 nights).

We did a 2 week trip at these 4 places in Sept-Oct 2012. See my reviews (under danrezzy) for each place. I did extensive review and looked at other places while down there and would not change a thing. but for this itenerary you will need bucks. This was a GREAT time of the year to go. Air and water temps perfect. we had no rain. most importantly, the resort were at something like 25% capacity.

We've traveled extensively through europe and I've lived on the gold cost in FL. This is very different. Unbelievable relaxing and romantic. Our first vacation in 3 years and we loved it.

mohrsville
reviews: 10
7. Re: Key West June 2013 - 5 Day trip - need hotel suggestions!

You have a nice list to begin with and I'll throw in Ocean Key as well (luv it there). I book directly with the resort , sometimes they have some specials going on.

South Jersey Shore
reviews: 4
8. Re: Key West June 2013 - 5 Day trip - need hotel suggestions!

I vote for the Pier House. We're here right now and it's fabulous! We stayed at the Ocean Key 3 years ago and though it was fantastic, I like the Pier House better. I would say the rooms in both hotels are comparable: they are clean, nicely decorated, and spacious (we had an ocean front room in the Ocean Key and a garden view room at the Pier House). The edge goes to the Pier House because of the grounds. The pool area is bigger and having a little beach is nice. I love the lush, tropical landscape that lines the pathways surrounding the hotel.

Have a great time!

Edited: 9:25 am, November 26, 2012
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 40
9. Re: Key West June 2013 - 5 Day trip - need hotel suggestions!

Don't forget the hottub hidden away behind the pool. And the float,.

Pjk

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 66
10. Re: Key West June 2013 - 5 Day trip - need hotel suggestions!

Do an Ocean Front room in the new section of Southernmost on The Beach. Huge rooms with incredible ocean views and balconies. Be sure you get an Ocean Front room, not ocean view. These are some of the nicest rooms here in my opinion.