We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-seafood options

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ferndale, Michigan
Non-seafood options

I will be in Key West for a week. not being a fan of seafood hinders the dining options. I need to find some good places to eat. Most of the restaurants with menus online seem to have one non-seafood option... Typically steak. While I love a good steak, I can't eat it 5 nights in a row. Suggestions anyone.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 27
1. Re: Non-seafood options

Cuban restaurants serve lots of pork! Havana 1, Sandy's, and 5 Brothers are among my favorites. They also serve ropa vieja and picadillo (both beef dishes). There is a place on White Street called Moe's Haitian and there are Italian choices as well: La Trattoria, Vito's, Antonia's. Additionally, Finnegan's Wake (Irish pub) has LOTS of choices in addition to fish. Also, although Blackfin Bistro has a lot of seafood, they also have a following for burgers. That's just a start.

Central Illinois
reviews: 18
2. Re: Non-seafood options

How about hot wings? Kelly's has cheap hot wings (big & delicious) during happy hour.

Pizza (yes, pizza) at Finnegan's wake is incredible.

Anything on the menu at El Siboney (corner of Margaret & Catherine) is excellent. We always have lunch & order the Cuban mix sandwich.

Jack Flats has a wonderful menu...try the Tex-Mex rolls.

Southernmost Beach Cafe (Duval on the Atlantic ocean) has a wonderful jerk chicken sandwich.

Did somene say steak? Braza Lena, Latitudes.

How about Italian? LaTrattoria on the 500 block of Duval.

Finally...great comfort food..Pizza, subs, Philly Cheesesteak...Mr. Z's. on Southard, around the corner from Duval...next to the Pegasus hotel.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 52
3. Re: Non-seafood options

How about a hot dog at the Key West Pretzel Co?

…smugmug.com/Travel/Key-West/i-FSxknQx/0/M/8…

http://www.keywestpretzelcompany.com/

Pjk

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 32
4. Re: Non-seafood options

I rarely eat seafood out and never have a problem. You didn't find pasta? Seems I can't escape the stuff. Lots of chicken and vegetarian options on most menus too. Not sure where you are looking!

Frozen North
reviews: 5
5. Re: Non-seafood options

I actually do not like seafood at all, and I never have a problem finding something on a menu for me. There are a few places that are so geared towards seafood that it can be hard, but most places have alot of other options.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 34
6. Re: Non-seafood options

I'm allergic to shellfish and don't eat any seafood - ever - but I have never had a problem finding great food in Key West. Some of my favorites for lunch are Latitudes, Pepe's Cafe, Salute, El Siboney. We usually only have dinner in Key West once or twice during the week because we'll often have apps during happy hour. If we get hungry later at night, we end up at Mr. Z's for a late night snack. It never fails, we always see someone we know there, especially if it's really late. lol When we do eat dinner, we really like Michals and Finnegan's Wake.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 22
7. Re: Non-seafood options

I'm another that never ever eats seafood....I have never left KW hungery and always finds yummy food...

Elkton, Maryland
8. Re: Non-seafood options

I don't eat a lot of seafood either, but have had many good meals in KW.

Latitudes - Simply amazing food, service, and view. You'll pay for it though. My steak was excellent!

Santiago's Bodega - Tapas style. I can't remember what I had there (sad isn't it). I do remember that I left full and satisfied and is on my short-list of must return to.

Sweet Tea's - Southern-style comfort foods. Loved it. Although, I've read that it has changed owners and is now called T's Bistro. Might check it out in January when we return.

Turtle Kraals - I enjoyed their ribs.

Lots of places with good HH apps.

The short of it, is there are a lot of non-seafood options to satisfy.

conn
reviews: 118
9. Re: Non-seafood options

I second Satiagos Bodega, there are beef and pork options. The food is small portions, cooked nicely.

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 1
10. Re: Non-seafood options

Michael's is a good steak house with other things on the menu such as pork and lam.

If you would like a really great steak try Prime, it is fantastic.