We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Nov 8-14

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, KY
reviews: 15
Trip Report Nov 8-14

My sil, friend and I flew into FLL on Thursday and drove down to Key West. We stopped in Islamadora at Morada Bay for a late lunch. Beautiful setting and good food. We checked into the La Concha and headed out for the night. We went to Flying Monkey, Hogs Breath (couple guys there were playing some great music), and Smoking Tuna (again, great music here).

Friday--We drove up to Bahia Honda. It was too windy to snorkel or kayak, so we just walked around and hung at the beach. It was really pretty. We drove back and got ready to eat. The boat parade was going on Duval and it was so cool to see all the power boats lined up. We ate at Fogarty's (good food) and went to our Kokomo Joe's Off Duval Bar Crawl. Best time of the trip. Kokomo Joe was great and we had great people in our group (I did a review for this). We met some great locals and one of his other guides. We had so much fun that when it was over, our whole group went to a few more places before calling it a night. A must do!

Saturday--We got up and went to eat at Blue Heaven. Really great food, fun atmosphere, and we had the greatest waiter. We did some shopping and then hung out at the pool for the afternoon. We went out that night to Kelly's for happy hour. We had a drink and some appetizers (all were really great). We then went to the Roof Top for drinks and what a neat place! We really liked our drinks and the appetizer that we had there. We went back to Smoking Tuna for more great music. We met up w/one of the locals we had met the night before and talked w/him most of the night. He knew the musicians so we were able to meet them too. Fun night.

Sunday--We went to breakfast at La Creperie and it was okay. We did some more shopping and then hung out at the pool. We met our friends from the bar crawl for dinner and drinks (including Kokomo Joe, his wife Angela, and a local--really great people and I'm so glad we got to know them!) at the Boat House. Everything was great and headed for the Smoking Tuna for the rest of the night. Again, great music and we had a lot of fun talking w/the locals, musicians, and bartenders.

Monday--We went to breakfast at Pepe's and it was fantastic. We did some shopping and then hung by the pool (see a pattern here?). We ate some appetizers and salad at Carolines and again, everything was great and loved our waiter. We headed down to Virgilios for Martini Monday and met up w/all our new friends again. Another neat place that I had never been to before. We went to the Lazy Gecko to listen to music and called it a night.

Tuesday--My sil had to leave early this morning, so after we put her in a cab, we walked down to Southernmost to watch the sunrise. Very pretty. We rested then went shopping. We took bikes to Fort Zach and hung out at the beach for quite awhile. Love that place! I had never rented bikes before so that was a lot of fun. We met up w/some friends again at the Boat House for dinner. We went to the Rum Barrell for a benefit for Hurricane Sandy. Some really great music there and a great cause. We also went to Hogs Breath for a bit to listen to some music, then to Smoking Tuna. We had a drink at The Grand. Very nice place. Called it a night since we had to head home the next day.

Overall, we had great time and can't wait to come back. I'm so glad we went on Kokomo Joe's bar crawl because we met the best people!!

Philadelphia...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Trip Report Nov 8-14

Sounds like a fun vacation....Love Smoking Tuna also.

mohrsville
reviews: 10
2. Re: Trip Report Nov 8-14

Nice report , you hit up alot of places I enjoy, RoofTop rocks, luv their drinks, also they have the best conch chowder! Glad you had a great time.

New Hampshire
reviews: 1
3. Re: Trip Report Nov 8-14

We were there the same time. A friend of mine lives down there and we met him at the Smokin Tuna. Great bar and Scott Kirby was playing. Very Cool. How about those power boats!

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
4. Re: Trip Report Nov 8-14

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! Hope you'll be back sometime!!!

Naperville, Illinois
reviews: 10
5. Re: Trip Report Nov 8-14

Gret vacay, glad you enjoyed it!

Virginia
reviews: 113
6. Re: Trip Report Nov 8-14

Great report! Kokomo Joe's Bar Crawl is on our list of things to do in January!

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
reviews: 33
7. Re: Trip Report Nov 8-14

gotta try the KOKOMO JOE's thing next time....thanks for the TR !!!!

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 27
8. Re: Trip Report Nov 8-14

Thanks

sounds like you fit a lot in there. :)

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
reviews: 60
9. Re: Trip Report Nov 8-14

Great trip report! I love all your mentions of the live music you heard. That's one of our favorite parts of KW - you can always find someone playing, day or night.

South Jersey Shore
reviews: 4
10. Re: Trip Report Nov 8-14

Great trip report. Sounds like you had a blast! We're less than a week until our trip - getting psyched! Going out to hear live music is one our favorite things to do - definitely will be stopping into the Smokin Tuna.