We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Erie
reviews: 6
1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

We are planning a trip for January or February 2013 for 3 nights. It is just my husband and I and we have never been to Key West. We are looking for a nice, clean, quiet place to stay. There are so many places listed, we are hopeful we can get some ideas of where to stay or not to stay.

San Diego...
reviews: 36
1. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

What places have you looked at or are considering?

I have stayed in Duval House, Cypress House and the Angelina. They were all very different and had different things to offer.

What is your budget?

Erie
2. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

We would like to stay below $200/night if at all possible. I haven't seriously looked anywhere other than just going on tripadvisor and looking at them based on their ranking.

I am not sure what things we are really looking for since we have never stayed in a B&B before.

Edgewater, Florida
3. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

We stayed at the curry mansion and loved it.a little more than 200 but you get a full breakfast and happy hour with the price of the room,and minutes from everything,we are going back in the spring with a group.

Williamsville, New...
reviews: 47
4. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

Try looking at Merlin Guesthouse. We just stayed there in August. Clean, quiet, & close to most things.

Sudbury...
reviews: 57
5. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

Duval House just had a deal on Livingsocial.com. Going in Dec. it was for under $200.

Altoona...
6. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

I've stayed at the Angelina Guesthouse the last two times I have been in town and its really nice. Plus, its very affordable.

Vineland, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Vineland
reviews: 12
7. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

Winter months are a bit more expensive everywhere than the rest of the year. There are some really nice B&B's in Key West. The Curry Mansion is excellent, steps away from Duval on Caroline St. The least expensive room is $240 at that time of year. The Cypress House is also excellent. It's a couple of blocks off Duval on Caroline St. $209 is the least expensive room, although if you have a car, you will have to pay for parking in the garage about 5 blocks away.

If you'd like a B&B a little farther away from the busiest part of Duval, and a bit quieter, the Angelina is excellent and more in line with under $200. This is on Angela St, not far from The Green Parrot and Truman Annex. The price range is $114 for a shared bath to $204 for a Queen Suite.

I've stayed at all 3 and liked each one. Once you narrow your choices down to 2 or 3, read the reviews here on TA. Everyone on the forum wants you to enjoy your stay and have the very best time you possibly can!

Erie
8. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

I would prefer to stay in a quieter area than wherever the nightlife is. Would that be Duval Street?

9. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:56 pm, March 26, 2013
Los Angeles
reviews: 44
10. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

Jenni,

if you prefer quiet then you would want to be someplace off the main drag, which is Duval (and also, to some degree, Truman).

Budget will play a big part, as you're coming in the prime Winter months.

Also, in B&B's the top floors will be much more quiet. The old buildings don't have a lot of soundproofing, especially if you're near the stairs.