We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almond Tree, Orchid Key, or KWHI???

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, NC
reviews: 19
Almond Tree, Orchid Key, or KWHI???

Orchid Key looks great - but so does Almond Tree. I know they're sister properties -- does anyone like one better than the other either for location or beds or rooms or gardens or amenities? We're looking for quiet area within walking distance of everything, good value, great beds, pool and hot tub, and breakfast included is always nice. Does anyone know if the renovations are complete at Almond Tree? And the people who write about Harbor Inn really love it. All three get great reviews here. Anyone feel like weighing in on this topic just one more time?? Thanks, as always!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 41
1. Re: Almond Tree, Orchid Key, or KWHI???

If I were to rank these on location,

3. Almond Tree on Truman

2. Orchard Key on upperish Duval

1. Key West Harbor Inn very close to the Key West Bight for the various happy hours, access to boats for fishing, snorkeling, sunsets, etc.

Not that the others are vastly far away.

hth

Pjk

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: Almond Tree, Orchid Key, or KWHI???

Based on what you are looking for, I think the Orchid Key or The Almond Tree would be better, although no breakfast at OKI than I know of (fabulous bar though). AT renovation wasn't quite complete when I went by last, but that was a few weeks ago.. A quick check with the property would tell you that however.

The Key West Harbor Inn is not in a location that I think you would find quiet. It's a beautiful property though, and is a more traditional B&B as opposed to OKI.

Stevens Point...
3. Re: Almond Tree, Orchid Key, or KWHI???

We made our first trip to Key West, unfortunately, two years ago and we stayed at KWHI. They had a great island breakfast and happy hour was a nice touch to start the evening off. Tracy, the manager, was very friendly and was super with suggestions. The walk to and from Duval Street was quick. Eventhough there is a bar behind KWHI we didn't hear the music or the people. If I remember right, we were visiting during Pride Week too...lots of extra people around. We would stay again at KWHI.

Medina
4. Re: Almond Tree, Orchid Key, or KWHI???

Orchid Key includes breakfast, with great reviews! We have an upcoming trip booked. OKI has great reviews.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 41
5. Re: Almond Tree, Orchid Key, or KWHI???

@renee...I just noticed, 1 forum post. Welcome and thanks!

Pjk

Chicago
reviews: 14
6. Re: Almond Tree, Orchid Key, or KWHI???

All are good. Prefer KWHI for location. Pool is bigger at Almond Tree.

Clifton, New Jersey
reviews: 16
7. Re: Almond Tree, Orchid Key, or KWHI???

My husband and I (early 30's) stayed at Orchid Key last year and LOVED it! Even though it is on Duval, once you step off the street, it's quiet. The pool and hot tub are great as is the very small bar. There is a continental breakfast served each morning with various items to choose from like cereals, fruit, breads, juice, coffee, etc. The rooms were clean and updated with comfortable beds/bedding and huge showers. The bar also does a happy hour each day with free drink vouchers and appetizers/cheese. I highly recommend this hotel as it is close enough to walk to everything, but just far enough down Duval to be away from the noise.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 19
8. Re: Almond Tree, Orchid Key, or KWHI???

Thanks to all for help. We just got back from a glorious stay at The Almond Tree -- I'll post a full review later in the week, but it was INCREDIBLE. The renovations are gorgeous -- we had a king suite on the second floor (#215) and it was as lovely a room as I've ever stayed in. Service was impeccable -- people could not have been more helpful or more enjoyable. Perfect location, beautiful pool and hot tub, quiet as can be, nice breakfast. More in a regular review.

9. Re: Almond Tree, Orchid Key, or KWHI???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:07 pm, December 05, 2012
Medina
10. Re: Almond Tree, Orchid Key, or KWHI???

I will be anxious to hear your review on Almond Tree Inn. We just changed our reservation in February from Orchid Key to Almond Tree. I can tell their comparable but we were able to get a king suite with more room.